wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of different from a weather board and seeing if it's going to snow or not and playing ball. I don't think this is really that serious of a deal. That's why the pessimism is funny to me, too. Should be lighthearted and fun, and not have to be able to read the models and all that to still enjoy following things and if it's going to snow, or have a storm, or a hurricane, etc. I just like exciting weather. How we get there doesn't matter to me. 

If you're constantly in somebody's shorts giving them the what for while they're feeding you valuable information that you neither have nor have the ability or desire to interpret for yourself, that doesn't sound much like being lighthearted and fun.  That sounds pretty childish and jerkish to me.

It's the "everyone gets a trophy" society we live in now.

Yeah, that's a sad society ! It's hard to explain to a kid why Johnny gets to play and Johnny sucks, but everybody has to get to play, or their parents will be yelling at the coach! If you suck , work harder or don't play! Quit holding back the good kids! Losers don't get trophies and 2nd place, is just the first loser ! :)

I don't understand what difference it makes.  I can say it's not going to snow tomorrow or I can say it's not going to snow tomorrow but it'll be no snow w/ sunshine, rainbows and kittens the point still remains the same...It's not going to snow.  The only difference is you can't take hearing bad news w/out a bunch of fluff attached to it.

The rainbows and kittens would be impressive.

Yeah, that's a sad society ! It's hard to explain to a kid why Johnny gets to play and Johnny sucks, but everybody has to get to play, or their parents will be yelling at the coach! If you suck , work harder or don't play! Quit holding back the good kids! Losers don't get trophies and 2nd place, is just the first loser ! :)

I was just talking about the one that had no interest in getting better. I'll play a kid with heart and no skills in a heartbeat, cause I was that kid. I actually had a player that had not had a hit all year win a league championship game.

I just think people take it to the extreme on here.. people get WAY down and pessimistic and vice versa.. Statements like winter is over, it wont snow outside the mountains, etc, which are usually always wrong

Yeah, I agree but it's been that way ever since I started on weather boards 10 years ago.  Folks are passionate about their weather.

The rainbows and kittens would be impressive.

LOL, yeah it would.

Yeah, I agree but it's been that way ever since I started on weather boards 10 years ago.  Folks are passionate about their weather.

LOL, yeah it would.

Oh trust me I feel a lot of the same sentiments, I'm glad enthusiasts have a place like AmWx to discuss and learn

Getting ready to leave work but if someone sees Pack (or NCRain) lurking hear, asking him to start posting again.  He's part of the SE Americanwx family.

Here's the low down on NCrain....he told me he's taking a break indefinitely. Not going to say everything he said (not that it's personal, but it was through PM so I'm not going to regurgitate that here - that's the whole point of a private message), but he may or may not be back. In my opinion, if we can pull a big enough system that interests him, he'll poke his head out. But he's taking a back seat right now as far as posting goes. I doubt he'll be gone forever like posters in the past, if that's what some are worried about. 

Here's the low down on NCrain....he told me he's taking a break indefinitely. Not going to say everything he said (not that it's personal, but it was through PM so I'm not going to regurgitate that here - that's the whole point of a private message), but he may or may not be back. In my opinion, if we can pull a big enough system that interests him, he'll poke his head out. But he's taking a back seat right now as far as posting goes. I doubt he'll be gone forever like posters in the past, if that's what some are worried about. 

Thanks Jon

I honestly don't believe Atlanta will get below 20 this winter. Next week Atlanta may be in the mid 20s for lows. Not very cold at all for February !

Actually that's pretty cold for February. 35F is normal for the low, so a -15 anomaly is cold a decently below normal low. With the euro advertising 3 days 39 and below for highs, you have a chance for this to trend even colder. I wouldn't take your statement to Vegas, signs of high latitude blocking in the LR. But, to each their own.

Because being pessimistic all the time is annoying. Doesn't have to be fluff. But saying things like the models look great now...but they're probably wrong. It'll never snow here. On and on. That is annoying to me. 

Trust me, you do not want us applying an annoyance standard to posters.

Actually that's pretty cold for February. 35F is normal for the low, so a -15 anomaly is cold a decently below normal low. With the euro advertising 3 days 39 and below for highs, you have a chance for this to trend even colder. I wouldn't take your statement to Vegas, signs of high latitude blocking in the LR. But, to each their own.

He was stating a fact, where do you think you live, in the great "White North"..  Jon, that is the airport, KATL, they have the effing reading in the middle of a runway at the busiest airport in the world.  I live in town and have actually recorded a low of 15.8 so far. Your average low is now 34F. We basically have the same climate, although ATL is at least 700 feet higher ASL.

Thanks for the update Jon!

He was stating a fact, where do you think you live, in the great "White North".. Jon, that is the airport, KATL, they have the effing reading in the middle of a runway at the busiest airport in the world. I live in town and have actually recorded a low of 15.8 so far.

I wasn't actually commenting whether or not KATL would accurately record a correct reading...so not sure the point you're making. How was he stating a fact if it's about a future event?

Because being pessimistic all the time is annoying. Doesn't have to be fluff. But saying things like the models look great now...but they're probably wrong. It'll never snow here. On and on. That is annoying to me.

This is why I don't post anymore and I agree with Brick. A couple of people pm'd me to ask if I was posting on another forum, I am not. I have posted on Accuwx before but not this winter. I don't have anything positive to say about winter or the past dozen winters so why I stopped. I do like the hope of snow so I read from time to time. It's hopeless down here for snow this winter but good luck to the optimistic folks. I told Jon/CR that I wouldn't post and was planning on waiting till winter was over but I think we have reached that point.

This is why I don't post anymore and I agree with Brick. A couple of people pm'd me to ask if I was posting on another forum, I am not. I have posted on Accuwx before but not this winter. I don't have anything positive to say about winter or the past dozen winters so why I stopped. I do like the hope of snow so I read from time to time. It's hopeless down here for snow this winter but good luck to the optimistic folks. I told Jon/CR that I wouldn't post and was planning on waiting till winter was over but I think we have reached that point.

You bring a lot to this forum pack so don't let a few stop you from posting. Being a snow fan in the SE is tough but that's what makes the ones we do get so special. I hope you continue to post.

Archived