Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

Yea,

I won't have too much invested as I can be to Columbia in less than 2 hours and I have friends I can stay with Saturday night scattered all over eastern SC. (just need to pick the right location), lol

Originally from Eastern SC and I was planning on coming home this weekend to visit family for quite some time. Never did I think a chase would be built in. From growing up here, usually you have to be at least a few miles inland to get the biggest snows out of this kind of scenario. I'll be on the Horry/Marion line so it looks like I have a shot. Really going to need some heavy rates because the temps are going to be pretty iffy. Best place to chase this would probably be the Florence area.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait to see the first call paint maps for this storm over the weekend. Should be easy though. Take your pencil brush with the finest tip possible. Draw a line from somewhere in mid SC towards Elizabeth City. Put a dot over Roanoke Rapids cuz somehow they always score. Thats it! Everyone under the pencil line will see a snowflake. Everyone else, cold rain.

Cant wait to see the first call paint maps for this storm over the weekend. Should be easy though. Take your pencil brush with the finest tip possible. Draw a line from somewhere in mid SC towards Elizabeth City. Put a dot over Roanoke Rapids cuz somehow they always score. Thats it! Everyone under the pencil line will see a snowflake. Everyone else, cold rain.

no cold rain here.

12z euro really locks in a cold pattern for the east through the entire period...especially nc northward. mid atlantic and especially great lakes and new england are in for a pretty impressive stretch of cold with 850mb temps as low as -36c slowly progressing through southeast canada and entering northern new england by day 7/8 and beyond. Will need to watch the progression of a 1040 plus arctic high that drops south to the northern plains by day 7 and then slowly slides east. . It weakens with time but the airmass is so cold it really should have no problem providing a lot of cold air if something comes along. Unfortunately a long dry stretch seems likely..however 12z run does have a system finally coming along day 9 with snow/ice pretty far south (central ms/al) then spreading into ga/carolinas day 10..snow all the way to south ga.

That's actually bad this time for me. I have to leave on a business trip to Orlando on Tuesday. It would suck beyond limit if I had to leave during a snow storm.

didn't you already say winter was over?

Snow chances south of I-20, yes. That's why I'm curious about the Euro's solution for day 9. It is most likely wrong with snow/ice that far south. We will enjoy our normal winter temps for a few more weeks (generally mid to high 50's for highs, mid to low 30's for lows). This won't be cold enough for snow (outside of a few flurries associated with the clipper next week). I'm very satisfied with this winter, by the way. Realistically, I-20 south is done with accumulating snow, though, don't you think?

Snow chances south of I-20, yes. That's why I'm curious about the Euro's solution for day 9. It is most likely wrong with snow/ice that far south. We will enjoy our normal winter temps for a few more weeks (generally mid to high 50's for highs, mid to low 30's for lows). This won't be cold enough for snow (outside of a few flurries associated with the clipper next week). I'm very satisfied with this winter, by the way. Realistically, I-20 south is done with accumulating snow, though, don't you think?

I wouldn't rule it out. As long as there is a ridge North of Alaska there will be plenty of cold air around. I could see the nap going negative or at least having plenty of confluence in the North Atlantic will all of these storms blowing up,off the coast. Plenty of winter left.

why are you satisfied with this winter ? Ive only had a light dusting. Did you get more ?

Mark Sudduth ‏@hurricanetrack 2m2 minutes ago

Prediction: some peeps in eastern NC will not be watching SB50 - why? Power will be out due to storm tomorrow. Wet ground + wind = trees dwn

Maybe along the coast......I am sure Hatteras gets hammered and this buoy will be fun to watch 

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41013

Hey mack... is that the warm bubble in your yard? :o

Still some chilly highs for Thursday.

gfs_T2m_seus_20.png

Lol! That's a little too far west for me! That's got burrell2 or oconeewx written all over it! But by Thursday , it will be centered over my house! 12z is noon , or 6 pm?

Plus, the warm bubble only forms over mby when there is a wintry threat! :(

Lol! That's a little too far west for me! That's got burrell2 or oconeewx written all over it! But by Thursday , it will be centered over my house! 12z is noon , or 6 pm?

Plus, the warm bubble only forms over mby when there is a wintry threat! :(

That's @ 18z man... so Thursday afternoon. Here's Thursday morning :shiver:

gfs_T2m_seus_19.png

Archived