• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12
Ian

Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Yeah I think immediately in DC people will disappointed unless this band gets here in a hurry and does serious work, but in the end it will still be a great event.

Nw DC getting pounded. Won't go into the record books though.

so painful. 4-5 hours of this now. Looking forward to filling in!

3adb91e3f29953f2e69765d5abf600ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there last night.  Feel your pain.  But those bands certainly will swing through.  I hope you all kill it down there.

3" in the last 45 minutes. Over 30" now. Band is still parked. LWX map with 36"-48" looks like a good forecast, which is amazing to even type.

WOW. Congrats. 

I'm about to go on full tilt

Just hold on...damn dryslot might be closing up. We really need for whatever comes next to produce. What are you at right now?

WOW. Congrats. 

Just hold on...damn dryslot might be closing up. We really need for whatever comes next to produce. What are you at right now?

Yeah we JUST missed the pivot this time, that'll be the difference between this and 2010 I guess.   NAM/Euro ftw.

Yeah I think immediately in DC people will disappointed unless this band gets here in a hurry and does serious work, but in the end it will still be a great event.

Honestly, by most people's standards this won't end up as historic, simply because the heaviest +SN is out in the boondocks of far northern VA, eastern WV, and western MD. Technically, it's still a HECS, but considering how those areas have seen many similar events, it's not as historic as similar totals would be farther east and south. After all, the areas most affected are along the Appalachians...

The stuff moving in from the east towards DC has 22k' cloud tops. DC should be rockin shortly.

It's taking its sweet time Bob. I've been watching it for hours and it hasn't even crossed the bay to fill us in let alone DC. It's agonizing.

Honestly, by most people's standards this won't end up as historic, simply because the heaviest +SN is out in the boondocks of far northern VA, eastern WV, and western MD. Technically, it's still a HECS, but considering how those areas have seen many similar events, it's not as historic as similar totals would be farther east and south. After all, the areas most affected are along the Appalachians...

I'm about 10 miles nw of DC and rest assured this is one of the bigger ones I've experienced. also DC will be back in the good bands soon. It's imminent.