SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 6:30 am, we have 7.5" (average of about 20 measurements, which is needed when it's this windy) on the ground, which means we've been getting over an inch per hour since 3 am (4.5" in 3.5 hrs). Took me about 45 minutes for shovel #2 and it was ripping 30-40 dBZ for part of that time, with <1/4 mile visibility, i.e., heavy snow. 23F out there. Damn it's gorgeous and now the sun's coming up, so we all get to see it better now.

I'm on rt 1 by main st and can't see across the road

the whole city continues to get wrecked as the bands just keep on getting stronger by the time they reach the city and lower westchester county. total whiteout conditions now with 4.6 inches down and approaching 5 rapidly here in the bronx,some places of the city have over 7 already!..might have to see the nam model  in a whole new light and as the new king perhaps? lol :snowing:  :snowing:

the whole city continues to get wrecked as the bands just keep on getting stronger by the time they reach the city and lower westchester county. total whiteout conditions now with 4.6 inches down and approaching 5 rapidly here in the bronx,some places of the city have over 7 already! :snowing:  :snowing:

This isn't even the worst of it just yet. Amazing.

I'm on rt 1 by main st and can't see across the road

You driving?  Thought you lived on/near Amboy Ave in Edison by the TPK, but maybe that's my bad memory.  Yeah, I live on Lake in Metuchen and I can barely see Tommy's Pond across the street.  I golf a lot and I know what 200 yards is by eyeball pretty damn well and visibility right now is definitely <220 yards or <1/8 mile (estimated 180 yard visibility).  Heavy, heavy snow.  

Archived