joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melty melty. This stuff isnt going as fast I thought, given temps are pushing 60. Been outside redistributing stones in my driveway. Low spots were getting flooded. Really nice out, feels like spring yet the snow pack is holding tough. I need to get another layer of blue stone...been putting it off for years but with a 300+ foot driveway its a bit $$$.

Melty melty. This stuff isnt going as fast I thought, given temps are pushing 60. Been outside redistributing stones in my driveway. Low spots were getting flooded. Really nice out, feels like spring yet the snow pack is holding tough. I need to get another layer of blue stone...been putting it off for years but with a 300+ foot driveway its a bit $$$.

I'm surprised how my snowpack has not melted much today. It seems like it was melting really fast a few days back when it was still fluffy. It's actually holding it's own pretty good now that itS packed down. Go snowpack. You got this lol.

I'm surprised how my snowpack has not melted much today. It seems like it was melting really fast a few days back when it was still fluffy. It's actually holding it's own pretty good now that itS packed down. Go snowpack. You got this lol.st

Because it isnt really snow anymore lol. Its a dense pile of slushy ice. Kinda like a snow cone. Fog and warm rain will eat it up fast though.

We hit 64 degrees here. Still 97 percent areal snow cover. Depth ranges from 6 inches to over a foot in drifts. Lots of melting going on.

We are a snowtown though. This little warmup is only a temporary setback.

Get your rest. You're gonna need it. We're going to be tracking a storm come early next week and there will be no sleepin then.

It feels like Christmas eve out there...also I call BS on some of the remaining snow depths out there...sorry

My front yard is cooked aside from.piles or drifts. Backyard and woods are still 100% coverage. I expect that to change by tomorrow. In DC right now and seeing lots of green.

Honestly, my neighborhood is still kind of a mess irt kids getting to school. Bus stops still have plow piles of snow between the sidewalk and street. We shoveled ours out but I drove the route yesterday and most were still a mess.

I still can't park on my street because it's not wide enough. I have 3 cars so I block the sidewalk every morning and so do a lot of other homes around the neighborhood. I'm actually looking forward to a big melt so I can park on the street again and stop doing the car shuffle in the driveway.

1) Kids can congregate down the street if there are snow piles at the bus stop. Besides, are the piles going to be gone two hours later?

2) It's easy enough to shovel a parking space in front of the house, and if parents are so concerned about their kids standing at a snowy bus stop, then they can band together and shovel it out in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

1) Kids can congregate down the street if there are snow piles at the bus stop. Besides, are the piles going to be gone two hours later?

2) It's easy enough to shovel a parking space in front of the house, and if parents are so concerned about their kids standing at a snowy bus stop, then they can band together and shovel it out in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

Alternatively - Get the Jebman. Problem Solved.

Archived