Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard for me to believe they would be under done esp in foothills when not one model shows that low of a forecast.

I agree 100% if anything I think they still could up the totals for the Foothills and Mountains Brad P. even said his high amounts are being conservative and might be underdone for the Foothills and Mountains and might be bumped up tomorrow depending on data/trends from tonight.

What would that imply as far as swinger weather? Bringing snow further south?

It would remove the big ice threat for the CAD areas and turn to more of a big snow.  If the low bombs quick enough some of the coastal areas could see some backlash snow as it moves north.

Anyone have the individual GEFS snow members?

mL91Tcd.png

Not sure I have ever seen so many members look so much alike. Not sure why some are trying to diminish the threat unless they just think all the models are wrong. I don't know how you get just a couple inches of snow and a little ice from what all the models are showing.

Not sure I have ever seen so many members look so much alike. Not sure why some are trying to diminish the threat unless they just think all the models are wrong. I don't know how you get just a couple inches of snow and a little ice from what all the models are showing.

Because of mixing, these are probably not best taken at face value.

Here's one of the GEFS members that has a (nearly) Miller A track and keeps all areas west of I-85 as all snow.  The lack of a primary pulling up to N GA/S TN keeps the midlevel cold in place.  A stripe of ice/mix is a stripe from upstate SC to just south of RDU

8FKHsR1.png

Just for the record, I'm hoping for low-impact. There are contra dances that'll be cancelled. I'm kinda really stressed out right now. I don't want a crippling storm at all. So I am not pulling my usual shtick.

same. we need a euro solution with majority snow/sleet with as little frz rain as possible.  

I know, but most of them show close to 12 inches here. That has to be really off for it just to be a couple of inches of snow and a little ice.

Seriously, this needs to be said, as I have experienced the let down! Feb 2013, Euro snow map was spitting out crazy maps over my area, like 14-22"! I got maybe 2-3" of mostly sleet and a little snow! Wow also just poster that the GFS ensemble maps DON'T seperate freezing rain, sleet and snow, it counts it all as snow and that's very detrimental, because sleet is like 3:1 ratio and ZR is even worse, and it's counting all amounts of frozen as snow at 10:1 ratios

Archived