• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

I personally think it snows in all of NC at some points and this becomes a dangerous storm for many in NC and SC. I could see snow reaching all the way down to Charleston, SC at some point.

13 of the 20 GFS ENSEMBLES showed this possibility with a couple of 1"+ members. Yesterday, it had ZERO. Wraparound flakes for this area looks more possible on SAT am.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you said you are going to Asheville ? I haven't decided where I'm going. Somewhere in NC or TN. Im debating on whether I should go somewhere that will see epic snow amounts or go somewhere that gets a good bit of snow but not so much that it'll make it hard to get back home. I have to work on Sunday afternoon !

I have to be back by Sunday AM- the heavy snow in AVL  should be over by Saturday AM, I figure that the Interstate will be open by afternoon. That is why I picked them (besides the beer) because I figured the secondary roads would be the last to be cleared....

13 of the 20 GFS ENSEMBLES showed this possibility with a couple of 1"+ members. Yesterday, it had ZERO. Wraparound flakes for this area looks more possible on SAT am.

Yeah I am in Southport, NC (ILM area) and I remember a storm a few years ago that snowed like crazy here on Valentines Day. Do not expect that but I could see an inch or two on the back side. Should be cold enough. Depends on how far off the coast it is as well. Plenty of factors I am sure.

are you serious ? I haven't seen many models showing significant snow for the I-20 corridor. This is not going to be a big deal for the ATL metro.

I am sorry - My post should have read from northern Atlanta suburbs (Marietta, roswell, Dunwoody, etc...) northward.  Both the EURO and NAM show at least 2 inches in northern burbs of Atl and some parts of extreme north fulton are pushing 3-4 inches.  Criteria for WSW in Atlanta area is just 2 inches, maybe 3 inches if memory serves me correct....

I am sorry - My post should have read from northern Atlanta suburbs (Marietta, roswell, Dunwoody, etc...) northward.  Both the EURO and NAM show at least 2 inches in northern burbs of Atl and some parts of extreme north fulton are pushing 3-4 inches.  Criteria for WSW in Atlanta area is just 2 inches, maybe 3 inches if memory serves me correct....

In the past, we seem to come in low in these marginal events.

I'd say the burbs right on 285 will be doing well to get an inch, but you could probably justify a WSW for Forsyth and counties north/northeast.

In the past, we seem to come in low in these marginal events.

I'd say the burbs right on 285 will be doing well to get an inch, but you could probably justify a WSW for Forsyth and counties north/northeast.

correct.  definitely early at this point to know the exact cut off but there is high potential for areas very close to Atlanta, just north of the city, to get a few inches.  with the gfs looking good as well just now, I would suspect watches may fire overnight if euro continues its trend

Archived