• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

this run is still north of the euro and others but even so it manages to get some freezing rain down to lake lanier/just north of gainesville with a decent amount of backside snow. in fact, north ga mountains do fairly well with upwards of 6 inches. This being the long range nam, it's almost useless though.

VERY much agree...I would think the NAM will trend colder, GFS is lost with that...maybe better tonight?  I think the NAM could be a bit to far north...but either way....long range nam is most def useless...I Think this is def. a step toward the euro.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say signs are increasing we see a nasty icing threat from NE GA, through upstate and most of NC.  (Wild card is NC with obvious elevation and models)  Either way, I still think the GFS should come south a bit tonight..we shall see...For the record, I Think the NAM is a bit too warm as well.  

KFQD 850's at the height of the system (HR 72) on the 00 Nam is at 2.6 where .57" comes down in 6 hours. 

850 drops to -2.2 for the next 6 hour time period with .08" Very sharp drop.

At the time period for the 12Z today the 850 level was 3.0. 

However, the 950 level remains below -0.0 for the entire storm time frame .

fwiw, the rgem is much colder across north carolina and virginia than the nam is at the surface at 48 hours. So much so it looks suspect to me so could be biases at work But figured it was worth noting...it's colder at 850mb too.  also..check out aloft.

nam 48 hours first, rgem 2nd

GZ_D5_PN_048_0000.gifGZ_D5_PN_048_0000.gif

rgem_T2m_seus_17.png

fwiw, the rgem is much colder across north carolina and virginia than the nam is at the surface at 48 hours. So much so it looks suspect to me so could be biases at work But figured it was worth noting...it's colder at 850mb too.  also..check out aloft.

nam 48 hours first, rgem 2nd

GZ_D5_PN_048_0000.gifGZ_D5_PN_048_0000.gif

rgem_T2m_seus_17.png

Interesting..yes, NAM looks wacked for thermals

Archived