Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing to note is where the ULL...that argues you for crashing temps but it always sucks hoping for dynamics...even so during the heart of it 850's crash across alot of the state once you get past 75.

Thanks. If I may ask, is there a good front end snow before 850s rise? I assume so but I don't want to assume.

The one thing to note is where the ULL...that argues you for crashing temps but it always sucks hoping for dynamics...even so during the heart of it 850's crash across alot of the state once you get past 75.

with how much vorticity is projected to be in the atmosphere, I think dynamic cooling is a much safer bet than usual

god even dc and the mid atlantic gets theirs..they get creamed afterwards. would be a storm of epic proportions thats for sure. Snow from northeast Tx to the coast.

Whats scarier is I could still see this tick further south a bit more...Notice how the first (northern portion of the energy) that had the old close part at H5?)...Doc is lessening that effect and hence closing off further south and the southern vort is stronger..if that continues, and the confluence stays strong, or ticks stronger...I could see this trend a bit more south!!

with how much vorticity is projected to be in the atmosphere, I think dynamic cooling is a much safer bet than usual

This is true. This is a unique situation as opposed to our usual borderline ULLs that cross. I do think many start with mixing issues which could cause huge problems with a big we heavy blanket of snow on top. 

Looks like I-40/I-85 N/W or so basically stays all-snow or close to it.  So, GSO, INT, HKY, MWK, etc.  Truthfully, there's probably some sleeting in there in between panels, but there's a lot of QPF to go around, too.  Maybe you could make an argument for dynamics overcoming a small warm layer, too.

Surface temperatures are cold.

Pretty much the entire north half of GA, all of SC and all of NC is between 1.75 and 2.00 inches of QPF. In NC all of it is frozen one way or another. Lot of mixing going on for NC on this run, that has me a little scared. 

That's a lot of moisture  ;) 

god even dc and the mid atlantic gets theirs..they get creamed afterwards. would be a storm of epic proportions thats for sure. Snow from northeast Tx to the coast.

That's crazy  :D 

That is the craziest run I've seen for the SE.  

One can dream right  :lol:   

The SE crew chasing in VA would have epic stories/pictures if this were to happen  :D 

00z Euro ULL track:

hr 72: Around Tuscaloosa, AL

hr 78: Just ESE of ATL

hr 84: About halfway between GSP and CAE

hr 90: Over Florence/Darlington, SC

hr 96: Just west of ILM

hr 102: ~75 miles ESE of Cape Lookout, NC

Needless to say, the EPS will be intriguing in another hour or so.  We are really getting into the range where operational models become more important, I think, but I'd still like to see if the EPS follows suit.

Bros, no more Euro precip/data maps from Weatherbell!

Mr. Maue and this site can get in trouble for them!  Only show if they are posted from Ryan/JB etc on Twitter.

Sorry to half-way act like a mod... but I know Ryan personally..... and Stormtracker (from this forum!) and others would like to not have them posted.

Archived