Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you stated a few of those ;)

Here is the -12 WV loop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed. Nice vapor. As you can see, its approaching the Oregon coast as we speak, will be 80% on land by 10z..should be enough for decent sampling for 12z models I presume. Might see a change in the 6z GFS first. 12z runs will be fun tomorrow, they should get rid of a good amount of spread...one can hope.

That's what I'm thinking the upstate probably gonna be looking at!

Has anyone else noticed how unimpressive the SREF plumes look?

Of their 26 members, only 2 show >2" snow for Raleigh and Charlotte, and only 4 show >2" snow for Greensboro.

Here's RDU:

It's not concerning to me, the SREF currently has maximum spread with regards to the low position off/on the NC coast. We aren't going to see big snowfall plumes given the spread. SREF should be utilized within 24-48 hours of storm onset. It can have major jumps in this time period, even in the 24-48 time period.

NAM looks good so far...Wedging is showing into my area....Should start Miller B'ng soon...Nice high over NE and confluence looks euroish

The ULL is def in a more conducive spot to get wintry weather farther into the south. It is a pretty good ways southwest of its 18z position.

Archived