• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 16 event obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

Maybe went a little heavy on the rgem profiles from yesterday too. Nova scotia wins this round.

Yup I think your right. Almost all the other models yesterday were showing a colder snowier scenario than what the Rgem was showing. Not sure why they were so hesitant to let it go. Probably cause it's been good and this time got snake bitten.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I think your right. Almost all the other models yesterday were showing a colder snowier scenario than what the Rgem was showing. Not sure why they were so hesitant to let it go. Probably cause it's been good and this time got snake bitten.

I love the RGEM, but I always add the caveat that it can run too warm.

Lol I wouldn't doubt it. You guys gonna get anything out of this?

It blows it load over u guys but im thinking about 15 cm in st johns. Gfs and nam are closer to 20 to 25 cm but rgem and ec have been steadfast on weakening the precip shield at my longitude. The labrador low is cutting off some of the advective processes.

Hello, neighbor. Never went to freezing drizzle here (strange), just light snow but definitely an underperformer at 2". Light snow continues but not adding to much. Agree though, it's quite pretty with no wind. Attached is a picture from my kitchen window (which for some reason doesn't look nearly as nice as the real thing) and one from Wildcat earlier this morning. 

Jackson went to freezing drizzle for a while but back to S-. Maybe 2" but pretty though (except for the guy I saw earlier wrapped around a tree, fzdz under the snow will do that).

post-1183-0-54031700-1452969696_thumb.jp

post-1183-0-53802800-1452969705_thumb.jp

Hello, neighbor. Never went to freezing drizzle here (strange), just light snow but definitely an underperformer at 2". Light snow continues but not adding to much. Agree though, it's quite pretty with no wind. Attached is a picture from my kitchen window (which for some reason doesn't look nearly as nice as the real thing) and one from Wildcat earlier this morning.

man.I love Wildcat

Event totals: 1.1” Snow/0.09” L.E.

About 1"/hr up here... though looks like J.Spin just south of here picked up an inch in 30 minutes, so some 2"/hr rates in the area.

After the initial burst of snow with large flakes this morning that put down a quick inch, subsequent accumulation was slow with much smaller flakes, so 1.1” was the total new snow as of noon.  The temperature did edge above freezing here, but the precipitation has been exclusively snow all day.

Details from the 12:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.09 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 12.2

Snow Density: 8.2% H2O

Temperature: 35.6 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 5.5 inches

Archived