CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 16 event obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredibly we have not even managed a single wet flake here when there has been snow reported everywhere within a 3mi circumference, hill and valley. Brightening a bit with back edge rapidly approaching.

I'm guessing the higher hills just W of me (MPM land) robbed me of better rates and the higher hills in Colrain and Heath robbed MPM of better rates? I expected only a coating (fail) but I thought for sure at 1000' he would have had some accumulation?

.5" of rain.

My blizzard went back to mush as it lightened up. Maybe a half inch. Oh  well...on to the next failure!  Maybe we can find a day 10 threat.

Should do better east of here where you have decent rates for hours more.

Woke up to pounding parachutes in the Taconic hills east of ALB.  Picked up about 2.5" of cement.  The way the radar looked two hours ago I thought we might make a run at 4 or 5" but the radar crapped out pretty quickly and now the sun is out and everything is dripping.

I would have thought you'd pick up more than half inch.

Really interesting radar in Central NH.  Snow shield is moving east but bands from intensifying storm want to move west.  Looks like a band will set up over Lake Winni?

Yeah...nice frontogenetic band setting up near the ME border...not expecting much more than a couple hours of -SN here. I was hoping for one last hurrah, but that band to the east is hogging the show.

Archived