Rjay

Attention all NYC Subforum Members  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NYC subforum merge with:

• Philly Subforum
    • Upstate NY Subforum
    • Both subforums
    • Neither subforum

If you cant comment on the eastern days, then saying the argument is weak is well...weak. And if we cant get people over the impenetrable wall that is subforums to share or read thoughts, then repetitive pattern threads arent an issue. Because they arent repetitive.

I do read them in multiple subs, and they are repetitive. I think I get your point which is that the threads would be cluttered and would require a higher level of moderation, and I don't necessarily disagree. But my climate is more similar to NYC than NNE, but I share a subforum with NNE without any issues whatsoever. You haven't made a convincing argument that climate differences alone along the i95 corridor represent a significant barrier.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do read them in multiple subs, and they are repetitive. I think I get your point which is that the threads would be cluttered and would require a higher level of moderation, and I don't necessarily disagree. But my climate is more similar to NYC than NNE, but I share a subforum with NNE without any issues whatsoever. You haven't made a convincing argument that climate differences alone along the i95 corridor represent a significant barrier.

yes, but not that many live in NNE.   So it works.  You are talking about combining areas with large amounts of posters...apples and oranges here

I havent made that argument at all, because that isnt my argument. It was only in reference to "pattern threads".

I havent made that argument at all, because that isnt my argument. It was only in reference to "pattern threads".

I read between the lines of your "good pattern for Maine is a good pattern for Philly" as a sarcastic way of making that argument. I apologize if I misunderstood.

And moderation is very low on my list of concerns, ill happily ban people who cant control themselves. Our threads in nyc move fast even when everyone is behaving, as does the NE forum. Having to skim through more than double the amount of posts to find info from coastal or will isnt efficient and would push people away instead of being willing participants.

Another option could just be an event based system - the heck with locations. We all lurk on other areas forums anyway. I know a lot of us head to the New England thread quite often - of course there seems to be more restraint on bickering in that forum which helps it be a readable forum.

I say we go into sub forums based on radio stations. Maybe something like If you get the Hudson Valley stations to come in clear you go to that forum, or if you get the NYC stations clearly, you're in another sub forum.

Central/Eastern Long Island would need its own sub forum. NYC stations are pretty much nonexistent for me, CT stations are full of static as well. Long Island's 106.1 BLI (pop music) is the only clear station I know of, it really feels like I live in the middle of the ocean sometimes lol. My phone serves as my radio station.

Central/Eastern Long Island would need its own sub forum. NYC stations are pretty much nonexistent for me, CT stations are full of static as well. Long Island's 106.1 BLI (pop music) is the only clear station I know of, it really feels like I live in the middle of the ocean sometimes lol. My phone serves as my radio station.

I was only kidding. That would be pretty funny though. With iHeart Radio, that system could be gotten around too. Surprised you can't get NYC stations though, they really put out.

IMO the forums should be renamed the Mount Holly Forecast Zones Forum and The Upton Forecast Zones Forum to coordinate with with the NWS. In the description of the forums all counties will be listed that are to be discussed. Every other sub forum in this web site should be renamed also.

I think if server capacity allows, the forums should stay just as they are  and permission given  to the blogger to have his/her blog entry appear as a 'duplicate' in say the Mount Holly sub-forum or Nassau County  or SW Conn. etc.---as they deem appropriate..    

Members/guests who want to concentrate on just one forum or the main one as it is now will have that option, and not have to weave through all the material.

Many members/guests have family/friends in nearby areas or travel there so might be of value, again if capacity allows.

IMO the forums should be renamed the Mount Holly Forecast Zones Forum and The Upton Forecast Zones Forum to coordinate with with the NWS. In the description of the forums all counties will be listed that are to be discussed. Every other sub forum in this web site should be renamed also.

Monmouth is Mt Holly and it borders NYC.

Archived