• Philly Subforum
    • Upstate NY Subforum
    • Both subforums
    • Neither subforum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great option

Is it possible to have cross forum threads? The sub forums remain as is but the Moderators could determine when a thread is cross forum worthy. A major east coast storm threat or an El Niño/Nina discussion could appear simultaneously with posters appearing in each forums thread. They may, however, go more than one hundred pages.

Happy New Year To All and goodnight Ms Pamela wherever you are.

I would love to have more posters, but only if it makes sense. We just have completely different weather pattern than the big city.

I totally understand but people would contribute if it was right in front of them. I'm sure someone could absorb you and the few others from your area. Maybe the Great Lakes or NE. We'll discuss it.

I totally understand but people would contribute if it was right in front of them. I'm sure someone could absorb you and the few others from your area. Maybe the Great Lakes or NE. We'll discuss it.

Yeah I talked about it with our forum over the summer and also some admins. I think moving us over to the Great Lakes made the most sense. We all get lake effect and similar synoptic patterns. New England is the busiest on American and have there own thing going on, so don't think joining them would make sense. Like I said earlier maybe add Ohio/Pittsburgh to our forum? We both have very similar weather. It's really quite odd that Cleveland posters talk about lake effect affecting them and we're both affected by the same lake, but we don't post together...Same with Northwest PA. North Pittsburgh sometimes gets hit with streamers from Huron/Erie. It makes no sense.

For the record, I vote a merge with Philly in favor of this being the Northern MA thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not sure how merging a forum like NYC and New England would work. I know that isn't exactly what is being discussed here, but it has been floated around a few times over the last few pages.

We all know these forums, at least in the East are driven by snow.

If Boston is getting a Blizzard and NYC is getting a mixed bag, I doubt the discussion is going to stay on topic. If the goal is to improve discussion, I don't think that will work at all.

Something like Philly NYC would make much more sense.

Not sure how merging a forum like NYC and New England would work. I know that isn't exactly what is being discussed here, but it has been floated around a few times over the last few pages.

If Boston is getting a Blizzard and NYC is getting a mixed bag, I doubt the discussion is going to stay on topic. If the goal is to improve discussion, I don't think that will work at all.

Have faith in the staff.

As an outsider and non contributer(but benefactor) i really cant see how nyc can Be named in the same sentence as upstate and NE when it comes to weather.. We are very muchlike philly in regards to weather And i think that would be the best fit if there were to be a change at all.

True enough. But nyc is still close to southern new england. So I say as the poll says so far we stay as is. And all vistors are more than welcome

You get rain while BOS to PVD get snow at least once a year. Is it such a big deal when it happens? How about when PF is frolicking in upslope while it's 45 and partly cloudy down our way?

One subforum would be fewer threads overall which would be easier to moderate, which I'm assuming would be a big plus for the staff that are considering such a merger.

This forum (as a whole) is way too big for that (a complete merger b/w DCA-BOS). During a big event, the model threads would be a disaster...not to mention the obvious climo differences.....poster A would be rooting on a Miller B that misses Philly and poster B from Boston would be cheering it on.... I voted neither, like others said, if it ain't broke why fix it..... but 2nd choice would be Philly and NYC due to geographic proximity and the lack of posters in the Philly one.

I hope your vote was deleted, you aren't a real member of this subforum. You live in New England, so your weather isn't anything like NYC...

I hope your vote was deleted, you aren't a real member of this subforum. You live in New England, so your weather isn't anything like NYC...

Technically I am.  Weatherwise, I'm on the fence..... my closest reporting station is BDR which is 5 miles from my house.  That reporting station is part of NYC at least when it comes to the NWS. Media also considers my county to be part of NYC-we get NY sports and are blocked from Boston sports...(NESN cannot be carried here etc)  We are a bit colder/snowier than NYC proper but much less snowy that Hartford or Boston-  given my locale I can really be part of 2 sub forums, so I tend to post in both for the reasons stated above.  

To be fair 99% of us would probably consider your area to be upstate NY.

That's what I mean, "most" city and immediate people call my area upstate, but that's geographically not even remotely accurate, if I went to the "upstate" subforum, not a single post would apply to me or my surroundings, it's All Alabany and points north and west, were in the twilight zone of subforums

I'm technically not even consider "Mid-Hudson valley" yet, that would be Kingston, new paltz etc

That's what I mean, "most" city and immediate people call my area upstate, but that's geographically not even remotely accurate, if I went to the "upstate" subforum, not a single post would apply to me or my surroundings, it's All Alabany and points north and west, were in the twilight zone of subforums

I'm technically not even consider "Mid-Hudson valley" yet, that would be Kingston, new paltz etc

When we first broke out into the regions we had a Hudson Valley thread in the Upstate forum. 

Archived