Rjay

Attention all NYC Subforum Members  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NYC subforum merge with:

• Philly Subforum
    • Upstate NY Subforum
    • Both subforums
    • Neither subforum

Personally, I disagree. I believe New England should still remain separate because the differences in weather between even Hartford and NYC are huge, forget Boston/NYC and Maine/NYC. The tri state area has a plethora of differences amongst itself, let alone adding a place like New England to the mix. I could see adding Philly to the NYC sub forum and adding upstate to New England.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Some of our subforums take up large sections of the country. Take a look.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philly and NYC were separated because of IMBY BS fighting if I remember correctly. 

That's a ridiculous reason. Still agree on merging 4 subforums and merging them into Northeast. I can't understand how their is a Mid-Atlantic Subforum, a Southeast subforum, a Great lakes subforum, and a West subforum,  and then their is just NYC metro, New England, etc. It makes no sense, lol.

Some of our subforums take up large sections of the country. Take a look.

There's no doubt on that brother. But are those subgroups nearly as active as the new England and NYC sub forums? Also, are the climatoloigical differences as drastic as they are between let's say Maine and Long Island or Maine and Philly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree with those mergers.

It makes the most sense to merge Upstate NY with New England because of the similarity in weather. Taking lake effect out of the picture, the cold and snow is generally much worse in both regions than it is here. On the same note, Philly is pretty similar to our weather, just a little less snowy and cold most of the time.

There's no doubt on that brother. But are those subgroups nearly as active as the new England and NYC sub forums? Also, are the climatoloigical differences as drastic as they are between let's say Maine and Long Island or Maine and Philly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

What about Southern California and Western Montana? Or El Paso and Colorado Springs? They make it work. I'm not advocating for anything. I'm just saying it works in other subforums just fine. This is up to you guys.

It will be if it comes to it. As of now it's nothing to be concerned with.

Concerned, no, more like curious what the opinions would be. I could see the Upstate NY subforum being absorbed into NE without much issue. I would also like the NYC forum to be merged into NE, so I can feel better about the snowfall IMBY.

It makes the most sense to merge Upstate NY with New England because of the similarity in weather. Taking lake effect out of the picture, the cold and snow is generally much worse in both regions than it is here. On the same note, Philly is pretty similar to our weather, just a little less snowy and cold most of the time.

But there's no option about merging anything with New England as of right now evendors though I agree with what youre saying.

Concerned, no, more like curious what the opinions would be. I could see the Upstate NY subforum being absorbed into NE without much issue. I would also like the NYC forum to be merged into NE, so I can feel better about the snowfall IMBY.

I agree with it all lol

This post is exactly why a sne/NYC merge would never work, im sure the above poster is so proud of his .5 of sleet that will be melted by tomorrow night....

This post is exactly why a sne/NYC merge would never work, im sure the above poster is so proud of his .5 of sleet that will be melted by tomorrow night....

Why not? They average more snow than us. That doesn't bother me. A little friendly ribbing shouldn't bother anyone. Again it's just my opinion which honestly matters as much as anyone else's. You're a good poster allsnow, don't let that stuff bother you.

Exactly. And the above poster probably wouldn't like being corrected 50 times a day by all of the mets in the NE subforum. Scratch the whole idea.

Why not? They average more snow than us. That doesn't bother me. A little friendly ribbing shouldn't bother anyone. Again it's just my opinion which honestly matters as much as anyone else's. You're a good poster allsnow, don't let that stuff bother you.

Some of the best posters are from NNE, and they get 2-3x as much snow as most of us in SNE. There is never, ever an issue of "rubbing it in". It is the posters that live close enough to each other to compete that cause problems.

I can do without the snide comments when discussing the weather. The only reason a merge would be appealing in my eyes with sne, is because they have 3-4 mets that post a ton of good info and weenie out when they know it's time.

I can do without the snide comments when discussing the weather. The only reason a merge would be appealing in my eyes with sne, is because they have 3-4 mets that post a ton of good info and weenie out when they know it's time.

Good point. Many good Mets up there working great in depth posts.

What about Southern California and Western Montana? Or El Paso and Colorado Springs? They make it work. I'm not advocating for anything. I'm just saying it works in other subforums just fine. This is up to you guys.

Was just asking. Thnks for the feedback brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It seemed like all the arguments plus the rest of the Philly posters going to Adam's board

left the NYC forum by itself between New England and The Midatlantic. But we have the

population and number of posters to have an active forum just as NYC Metro. Maybe

some far interior posters would like to merge with Upstate NY, and NE PA?

I would leave that up to them to decide if they wanted to merge.

I started reading this board mostly because it focused on the NYC area specifically. I'll check out the other subsections to see what the "good" posters have to say. But other than that, I wouldn't want to see a thread with a bunch of people from DC to Maine posting about a storm. Just not relevant to our area.

Archived