• Philly Subforum
    • Upstate NY Subforum
    • Both subforums
    • Neither subforum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NY/Philly .

I hate the Redsox more than the Eagles .

I would vomit if they got 12 to 24 and we got rain in the same year they won a game 7 at Fenway.

At least I know the Eagles/Phillies will never win.

NE/Upstate NY.

They won't? LOL.  2008 and 5 straight NL East titles.  Nope that's not winning.  Let me guess for you? Yankees and Cowboys?   Who is your favorite BB team, the Lakers?  LOLOLOL

Merge Philly into the Mid Atlantic and the far north and west NYC burbs into Upstate NY and PA.

Lets say if you are north and west of NYC and your seasonal average 81-10 snowfall

is over 40 inches, you can vote to merge with Upstate NY and PA forum. Roughly any areas

north and west of the light red 40 inch line.

nsAnn.png

Why? Does it bother you that much that we average 50" lol. It should be strictly based on geography and not how much snow you average smh

Anyone who likes what Forky said, please say so. We want everyone's opinion.

I like it. I think it would also allow for better coverage and support for moderators. You could have individual threads for metro locations for things like banter and obs but the forecast and model discussion could be robust and the mods would be able to keep that thread clean with no nonsense enforcement. The ticky tack back and forth and out to get you posts by the heat-misers and the snowmistresses steals the oxygen from the real quality thinking or opportunity to really learn.

How is having a megaforum with separate threads for each region any different than what we have now? Whats stopping anyone from reading thoughts from ppl in other subforums?

It's not. I was just musing. I think part of the solution comes from finding a way to increase and ehanxs the quality of discussion and maintaining it. Granted I am not a met and I generally lurk and not post but the amount of dreck in the NYC forum is bad again. you and the other mods do as good a job as you can do but it's the same posters time and again who attack each other or post just to massage their own egos or misguided beliefs.

He was proposing an idea, and if anything you guys seem bothered when the coast is crushed and interior is watching from in, lol. (No hard feelings)

It's a horrible idea.. And trust me, no one is bothered here lol. We average what we do for a reason lol. It just shouldn't be the reason why sub forums are separated. We unfortunately had a massive influx of weenies the past few years. Back in the day having one thread for all worked just fine

...are repetitive. There are people literally copying and pasting the same post into multiple subforum pattern threads.

There would be some separate storm threads, but major storms often affect large areas of the East coast.

Ok, and? Youre not even arguing anything.

I like it. I think it would also allow for better coverage and support for moderators. You could have individual threads for metro locations for things like banter and obs but the forecast and model discussion could be robust and the mods would be able to keep that thread clean with no nonsense enforcement. The ticky tack back and forth and out to get you posts by the heat-misers and the snowmistresses steals the oxygen from the real quality thinking or opportunity to really learn.

so we'd have a superthread for NYC and one for Boston?  How is that an improvement...it would be one big mess

And it would be different in that we would have shared pattern threads and some shared storms threads. You asked how it would be different than the current structure.

right. A good pattern for maine is also a good pattern for philly, and it definitely wont be hard to find out red taggers thoughts based on geography without reintroducing the imby questions that plagued eastern for a decade.

right. A good pattern for maine is also a good pattern for philly, and it definitely wont be hard to find out red taggers thoughts based on geography without reintroducing the imby questions that plagued eastern for a decade.

The New England forum is dominated by SNE posters, so using Maine as an example is irrelevant for practical purposes. A good pattern for Maine isn't necessarily going to be a good pattern for CT or SE Mass but we share a subforum without issue.

I can't comment on the eastern days as I wasn't a member then, but I think the "different climatology" and "too much imby" arguments are weak and you only need to look at the current NE subforum as example of how it can be successful.

The New England forum is dominated by SNE posters, so using Maine as an example is irrelevant for practical purposes. A good pattern for Maine isn't necessarily going to be a good pattern for CT or SE Mass but we share a subforum without issue.

I can't comment on the eastern days as I wasn't a member then, but I think the "different climatology" and "too much imby" arguments are weak and you only need to look at the current NE subforum as example of how it can be successful.

If you cant comment on the eastern days, then saying the argument is weak is well...weak. And if we cant get people over the impenetrable wall that is subforums to share or read thoughts, then repetitive pattern threads arent an issue. Because they arent repetitive.

it was a mess once the board got big.  You had guys in DCA saying the storm was great, while someone in NYC said it sucked etc etc...it became a big cumbersome pile on.

Archived