Rjay

Attention all NYC Subforum Members  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NYC subforum merge with:

• Philly Subforum
    • Upstate NY Subforum
    • Both subforums
    • Neither subforum

Why? Does it bother you that much that we average 50" lol. It should be strictly based on geography and not how much snow you average smh

Most of the arguments on here are between posters in different snowfall zones. NYC and Philly posters would argue

constantly about snowfall amounts during model discussion and storm threads. Squabbles are also common between

interior higher elevation posters and coastal plain members. So having one forum with similar snowfall climo

would avoid these disputes. In a perfect world there would be no such arguments. You can see the separation

between groups on the old Long Island thread and the Hudson Valley threads. There seems to be more of

an inclination to separate on here into smaller groups that be in one big one.  

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah for some that would not work.  CT is broken up into 3  NWS offices believe it or not.

then combining the philly and nyc metro forum would not work - question now is what would work -??? because the way its set up now doesn't work ........there is no easy answer because of the variability in weather conditions in such a small area........

Most of the arguments on here are between posters in different snowfall zones. NYC and Philly posters would argue

constantly about snowfall amounts during model discussion and storm threads. Squabbles are also common between

interior higher elevation posters and coastal plain members. So having one forum with similar snowfall climo

would avoid these disputes. In a perfect world there would be no such arguments. You can see the separation

between groups on the old Long Island thread and the Hudson Valley threads. There seems to be more of

an inclination to separate on here into smaller groups that be in one big one.  

then the answer is to create sub forums for each county 

I'm in the Mt Holly CWA yet I live roughly 25 miles West of NYC, closer than most of LI.

I'm in the Upton CWA yet I live within a 15 drive of Mt Holly, Binghamton CWA, Albany CWA ha..

I am in the Mt.Holly CWA but Union County and Richmond County NY are less then a mile to my north and east both of which are in the Upton CWA. 

To increase the quality of posts and to give some members a new home with more posters, we would like you all to vote on a possible merger.  All your opinions are important to us and we'd like to know what you all think.

The numbers are going to be skewed since many members are in and around the immediate New York area.  Personally, I am 54 miles south of NYC and 56 miles north of Philadelphia.  Since the NYC subforum includes (to my knowledge) Freehold, NJ, sometimes the weather IMBY is more like Philly and sometimes more like NYC.  I think it's logical that mods merge both forums regardless of the (skewed) vote since there is only roughly 100 miles that separate NYC and Philly.

The numbers are going to be skewed since many members are in and around the immediate New York area.  Personally, I am 54 miles south of NYC and 56 miles north of Philadelphia.  Since the NYC subforum includes (to my knowledge) Freehold, NJ, sometimes the weather IMBY is more like Philly and sometimes more like NYC.  I think it's logical that mods merge both forums regardless of the (skewed) vote since there is only roughly 100 miles that separate NYC and Philly.

Hopefully the moderators will look at the locations of each voter to ensure that only NYC area members are voting in this poll and only Philly area members are voting in their poll.

That is pure and utter nonsense.

Most leaders know  in advance of what they want to do.

You accept your selection and stack your manager/directors next to you.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I think the whole point of this thread was to get lots of input on a change affecting the people using it.

silly.Don't shoot the messenger, but I think the whole point of this thread was to get lots of input on a change affecting the people using it.

that's silly.

It as if people will leave or go  to another location.

In my job, i always say. to my team..

this is what I want to do and why.  Use the reason and why it needs to occur.

You take a survey 4 to 6 months after the change.

Take the feedback and use it.

No leader listens to the flock.

Having multiple discussions and a topic over months is silly.

that's silly.

It as if people will leave or go  to another location.

this is what I want to do and why.  Use the reason and why it needs to occur.

Yeah well I don't run the place lol.

that's silly.

It as if people will leave or go to another location.

this is what I want to do and why. Use the reason and why it needs to occur.

This isn't a corporation and the moderators aren't ceo's. There's nothing wrong with asking for input from the members

Those of us in Central Jersey would appreciate the merger just so we didn't have to post in two separate forums during snowstorms giving updates. :thumbsup: We may be in the NYC metro area, but are also part of the Philly/Mt. Holly NWS zone. However, the only problem merging though as some have mentioned, is the fact that there will most likely be cry babies who will start WW3 over the fact that they may miss out on snow or get rain with a particular storm while others get slammed. :ee:

+1. Agree with this post being in CNJ

That is pure and utter nonsense.

Most leaders know in advance of what they want to do.

You accept your selection and stack your manager/directors next to you.

The "board leadership" is just a bunch of regular members that are on here often enough to volunteer their time to moderate the place. There are only a couple of people really in charge and they don't spend their time in this subforum.

If you want a better analogy to fit your business example, the forum is like a company in which every member owns stock. As stockholders, we are voting whether we want the change or not.

The "board leadership" is just a bunch of regular members that are on here often enough to volunteer their time to moderate the place. There are only a couple of people really in charge and they don't spend their time in this subforum.

If you want a better analogy to fit your business example, the forum is like a company in which every member owns stock. As stockholders, we are voting whether we want the change or not.

Right. We're only "in charge" insomuch that we move and delete posts lol.

Archived