Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. 12Z GFS back to 20" of snow for eastern North Carolina and colder temps. here. We could go the entire 384hrs. with a consolation prize of lower temperatures.

That would blow, but out of curiosity do you get some kind of vindictive pleasure from pointing out the worst outcomes? If so, you're perfectly entitled ;)

That would blow, but out of curiosity do you get some kind of vindictive pleasure from pointing out the worst outcomes? If so, you're perfectly entitled ;)

I am a realist.   The Stock Market is more likely to make new lows than the CPK thermometer.   w/o the crutch of a new QE-IV the SM is as dead as we are w/o a SSWE.    Go NORfolk young man for the time being. 

Well there, I have exhausted my allowance of blog posts, so the Great Swami has spoken and shall not speak again unless allowed to!  LOL

No, under 5, champ. Today is 5. Chill with the personal attacks.

LOOK again champ the 6th was N . Today is 4 .

Tomorrow will be 5 as tomorrow's high probably set at midnight.

5 over the next 20 is a good call considering the GFS missed the 6 to 10 and it's 0z was missing the 10 to 15 .

Now they all see it. Sorry for the chicken legs comments.

Just assumed. JK

I am a realist. The Stock Market is more likely to make new lows than the CPK thermometer. w/o the crutch of a new QE-IV the SM is as dead as we are w/o a SSWE. Go NORfolk young man for the time being.

Well there, I have exhausted my allowance of blog posts, so the Great Swami has spoken and shall not speak again unless allowed to! LOL

Realist. You said the first week of Jan would be plus 8. It's was BN

You then went onto say last week Jan would feature 2 days BN

Do you realize how horrible you have been ?

If you were trading HDDS you would have been fired on wall street .

You don't know what you are looking at. You and snowbust are a comedy show.

LOOK again champ the 6th was N . Today is 4 .

Tomorrow will be 5 as tomorrow's high probably set at midnight.

5 over the next 20 is a good call considering the GFS missed the 6 to 10 and it's 0z was missing the 10 to 15 .

Now they all see it. Sorry for the chicken legs comments.

Just assumed. JK

The 6th was +0.5.   I know you can do math.

6th: 41/25 - Avg 33F

Normal: 38/27 - Avg 32.5F

I thought NAO- usually caused storms to buckle? Why do all the storms on the GFS have flat OTS storm tracks?

The ridge out west deamplifies too quickly as another storm slams into the west coast. And that stupid ULL in the upper Midwest pushes the storm east. The pattern still looks good IMO but not quite as good as a couple days ago. The Euro has a different look. But none of the models have been consistent which isn't surprising.

Maybe this pattern doesn't produce but Istill like our odds for a storm in the 17th-23rd time frame.

The ridge out west deamplifies to quickly as another storm slams into the west coast. And that stupid ULL in the upper Midwest pushes the storm east. The pattern still looks good IMO but not quite as good as a couple days ago. The Euro has a different look. But none of the models have been consistent which isn't surprising.

Do you think that it's a possibility that the storm phases with the ULL instead of getting pushed OTS by it? That would definitely be an interesting solution, to say the least.

Do you think that it's a possibility that the storm phases with the ULL instead of getting pushed OTS by it? That would definitely be an interesting solution, to say the least.

Idk. That's a Forky/Snowgoose/Dsnowx/Isotherm type of question. But they couldn't tell you for sure one way or another.

Yeah this setup has so many pieces of energy it's useless to look at OP runs until 3 or 4 days out.

problem right now is the players are in the wrong positions the new Canadian shows basically the same set -up anytime you see that Low in the great lakes and lack of strong HP in southeast Canada = precip type issues

Climate data at KNYC says N

38/28 splits. 41/25 actual.

Why the N there ?

Because they are rounding down.  Do you see any floating point numbers in the report for temps?

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST

VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR

NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)

YESTERDAY

MAXIMUM 41 246 PM 72 2007 38 3 22

MINIMUM 25 531 AM -2 1896 27 -2 19

AVERAGE 33 33 0 21

Archived