• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

How's the fishing? My brother in law sold his lakeside cabin in Maine, and fishing in NJ just plain sucks anymore. Every puddle in the state has been fished out, and saltwater is dead. Looking for alternatives....

You must be fishing in the wrong lakes in nj .

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go up there every year in August. Highly recommend going. My family stays in a rented cabin on Fourth Lake.

Also get over 300" of snow/year. Weenie land up there.

One of the snowiest places in the northeast! Would love to camp out in those areas all season.....there, or around the Montague area. Lake effect paradise

So what are the models showing, anything interesting for 17th and 18th...just got back home been gone a few. Any update w I uld be nice from anyone.

Euro has a decent interior snowstorm, 18z GFS is night and day to 12z, initial wave pushes through and rides up to NE, no coastal whatsoever....

My advice... Check each models 00z or 12zruns once a day until we're 72-96 hrs away

You must be fishing in the wrong lakes in nj .

Do tell....but when your bait remains untouched for an hour without even a sunny, well something ain't right...I swear I found a pond not bigger than a big drainage ditch surrounded by thickets that no one would ever think to fish; next time I came back there were 5 guys there. Too many people, not enough fish, by the way I don't like to work for my fish. I want fish jumping on the hook without thinking, that's what I grew up with. Today's fish have seen it all....and if it stay this way this winter, I'll be fishing soon, and I don't mean in the ice.

EWR tops out at 65 today, Philly hit 65.  Record PWAT's out of the OKX sounding...by a solid .25" no less!  Just absolutely incredible to think about.

Whether you like warmth or not, this winter has not been boring if you appreciate the extremes.

Do tell....but when your bait remains untouched for an hour without even a sunny, well something ain't right...I swear I found a pond not bigger than a big drainage ditch surrounded by thickets that no one would ever think to fish; next time I came back there were 5 guys there. Too many people, not enough fish, by the way I don't like to work for my fish. I want fish jumping on the hook without thinking, that's what I grew up with. Today's fish have seen it all....and if it stay this way this winter, I'll be fishing soon, and I don't mean in the ice.

Need to go to a private lake (lake community ) fishing has been unbelievable in all the private lakes I fish. Best of them all has been pines lake in Wayne nj. Haven't been there in a few years but last time I went ice fishing there I caught a 20lb pike . Lake is deep and have there own herring population to feed the fish

I thought you said the pattern only supported OTS and nothing would come up the coast?

Flow is too fast. Oh, it cuts, there's no blocking. Rinse, lather and repeat, if it's warm and snowless he'll claim "victory" regardless of how it transpired. Same goes for those who called for a snowy pattern, if we get a massive storm through some funky evolution they will swear they saw it coming all along. This is why all this back and forth vertvication bickering is tactless, you don't have to stick to your call in the face of all evidence just because you have an insatiable desire to be right, the most experienced Mets are constantly humbled by mother nature and they readily admit it.

It's not just the GFS, the timing is off.

At this point there has to be very significant changes for a snowstorm, it's no longer up to minisclue positioning of the HP or similar players. There is still obviously plenty of time, but this is more than the mere usual oscillations in the track.

I thought you said the pattern only supported OTS and nothing would come up the coast?

JC for real man

I still roll with that idea           for real...

run the 250mb and 500mb  vorts loops here

from the ENS----EPS GEPS GEFS

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

stills for the 18th

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_9.pnggem-ens_z500a_us_33.png

gfs-ens_z500a_us_33.png

gfs-ens_uv250_us_33.png

looks like a consensus to me

then tell me what you think....

Need to go to a private lake (lake community ) fishing has been unbelievable in all the private lakes I fish. Best of them all has been pines lake in Wayne nj. Haven't been there in a few years but last time I went ice fishing there I caught a 20lb pike . Lake is deep and have there own herring population to feed the fish

Go on....seriously tho private lakes means just that, as in not open to the public....I only know of one such community in NJ with million dollar homes on it, though PA has lots in the Poconos, tho I worry they'd be overfished as well.

Archived