joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is confusing... RAH's AFD this afternoon.

"IT'S A NEAR CERTAINTY THAT EVERYONE IN CENTRAL NC WILL SEE SOME RAIN OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS... ALTHOUGH EXACTLY HOW MUCH RAIN WE'LL GET IS A BIT LESS CERTAIN."

"WE SHOULD STILL EXPECT STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND 1.0-1.5" WHICH MAY LEAD TO MINOR FLOODING IN URBAN AND LOW LYING AREAS."

How so?   Everyone will get some rain.  If you end up under one of the heavier storms there could be some minor flooding.

LOL

I know someone else just seen what the 00z GFS did...

BOOM!!!!!!!

Sure did! 3" and > from Raleigh north and west. 6" from Greensboro up towards your area:

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=11&model_dd=19&model_init_hh=00&fhour=348&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Eastern upstate screw zone in affect.  :weep:   Really though, after the past couple winters I'll get excited when I see it piling up.  Not sure if I'll be able to buy into any 4"+ amounts that are always shown by models, and are wrong 90% of the time for mby.  I'm looking forward to the 850 line bisecting Spartanburg county and following 85 all winter.  If you enjoy 36° and rain in the upstate, then you are in for a treat this winter lol.

LOL

I know someone else just seen what the 00z GFS did...

BOOM!!!!!!!

This rain is awful, and having to drive in it on Capital Blvd is even worse. But then I see this and it makes me smile. The first snow of the season is showing up on the model runs now. Even if it doesn't happen, it is nice to see. Only 14 days out, and the models have been hinting at something for that time period the last couple of days. Maybe it will happen. 

Yep, that's why we're in Banter right now. But, I still like the overall look of the pattern. Looking at the indices, the PNA looks to go positive in the LR, but the NAO and AO are not looking good (yet).

Yep, that's why we're in Banter right now. But, I still like the overall look of the pattern. Looking at the indices, the PNA looks to go positive in the LR, but the NAO and AO are not looking good (yet).

As long as we have one or the other of a +PNA or -NAO, I think we'll be okay. Having both will just be a bonus. I think from what I have read, the +PNA would help us out more. 

Models are underestimating the strength of the wedge! Game on! Can't wait for it to get in the UKMet and CMC wheelhouse ! :)

Probably right, but gamecocks pretty much always suck, and they beat Clemson 5 years in a row! Keep hope alive!

I still find this perspective to be completely hilarious. They never talk about the multiple times Clemson beat USC 5 times in a row over their history. I think there's even a 7 year stretch in there somewhere. 

"But...but...USC doesn't care about history or consider it relevant."

Until it becomes convenient for them. Bollocks.

I still find this perspective to be completely hilarious. They never talk about the multiple times Clemson beat USC 5 times in a row over their history. I think there's even a 7 year stretch in there somewhere.

"But...but...USC doesn't care about history or consider it relevant."

Until it becomes convenient for them. Bollocks.

Tarheel fan here! I hate cocks and kitty's

2002 redux!

Gas those generators up... I have a feeling this will be the winter of the wedge!

13th year anniversary :blink:

I was looking at my facebook timeline and on this date last year it was 16 degrees.  Why can't we get that kind of cold this year ?

The West is hogging it all for themselves!!!

I notice that there were a couple of tornado touchdowns near ATL yesterday. Was that area even under a tornado or severe tstorm watch ? I don't recall the ATL area even being under a marginal risk for severe storms.

Nope. May be like that again soon with the Nino being so strong. I fully expect a tornado outbreak by April. Not sure if you were here in '98 but that was the worst outbreak in quite some time.

Archived