Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson is about to be 11-1

It would be a beautiful end to a nightmarish season, but it ain't gonna happen. Truth be told; 63 -17 may seem like a happy memory. This team may be worse than the 1-21 team of the late 90s - at least that one had a good defense. And our five biggest play makers from this year's team is going to be gone with no help coming - I'm afraid next year could be even worse.  :cry:  :axe:  We need to get one of the coaches high on our list and then invest in a great DC - best one we can afford. Can't believe we fell THIS far THIS fast! I really didn't think we would fall to this level again anytime soon if ever. 

It would be a beautiful end to a nightmarish season, but it ain't gonna happen. Truth be told; 63 -17 may seem like a happy memory. This team may be worse than the 1-21 team of the late 90s - at least that one had a good defense. And our five biggest play makers from this year's team is going to be gone with no help coming - I'm afraid next year could be even worse. :cry::axe: We need to get one of the coaches high on our list and then invest in a great DC - best one we can afford. Can't believe we fell THIS far THIS fast! I really didn't think we would fall to this level again anytime soon if ever.

We will get Tom Herman for 4.1 mil per year and he will have a staff budget of around 4.5 mil per year. Money will not be a problem.

This is what happens when a coach stays two years to long and let's his son play head coach. Heck spurrier chased off his best recruiters so he could make his son recruiting coordinator and give him a big raise.

We will get Tom Herman for 4.1 mil per year and he will have a staff budget of around 4.5 mil per year. Money will not be a problem.

This is what happens when a coach stays two years to long and let's his son play head coach. Heck spurrier chased off his best recruiters so he could make his son recruiting coordinator and give him a big raise.

I just hope that this level of a season hasn't scared off Herman or one of the others we are looking at; I would think twice if I was already in a good situation with multiple suitors in a better current position. Whomever we get will have their work cut out for them right now on the recruiting trail, there's no denying Dabo and his staff have it going on and USC is a tough sell at the moment. 

I hear Frank Beamer will be available after this season :)  I'm wondering if Larry Fedora will stick around at UNC with the NCAA troubles going on.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him leverage this season into a higher profile gig or at least more money and a bigger buyout.  This year is definetely a coaches market.  Lot's of positions open already and likely more to come.  Rumors about Les Miles getting the boot are intensifying.  Then you have Tommy Bowden 2.0 in Mark Richt.  I could see UGA and Richt mutually parting ways.  It's probably about time for a new direction for both parties.  UGA needed OT to beat Georgia Southern.  Of course, Florida didn't look too hot either against 2 win FAU.

It's going to be very crazy this year for coaches. It looks like Miles is gone and I'm hearing some rumors that Strong could be gone at Texas. It's going to be hard for South Carolina to get a good coach and I'm afraid that if things get crazy enough, Dabo could be gone too, to LSU or Bama.

First I doubt miles gets fired bc lsu is about to go bankruptcy protection and his buyout is 15 million. If they did, rumor is they go after jimbo which has a 5 mil buyout. So they are 20 mil deep before payin off assistant coaches and new coaches.

Texas is a different story. With a new AD strong's seat is on fire. Rumor is they would pay whatever for Saban from bama and will not "risk" a hire but a known big time coach.

If Saban goes, Dabo to bama is pretty much done if Bama wants him. Don't know who Clemson goes after in that case but promoting the DC to head coach makes sense to me.

As for South Carolina, when have they not gotten "the hot hire"? Their problem has been going cheap on assistants. I think they have learned from Clemson and will not make that mistake again but who knows.

It's going to be very crazy this year for coaches. It looks like Miles is gone and I'm hearing some rumors that Strong could be gone at Texas. It's going to be hard for South Carolina to get a good coach and I'm afraid that if things get crazy enough, Dabo could be gone too, to LSU or Bama.

The only school Dabo would leave for would be Alabama imo just because he played there.  Even then, I'm not sure if he would want to follow a legend like Saban.  How many 8 or 9 win seasons could he survive there?  Maybe 2 or 3?  Watching some of the videos of the ground breaking on the football operations complex, I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon.  He was getting very emotional about his time at Clemson and the progress we've made so far.

If Dabo did go somewhere else and we hired from within, my guess would be either Dan Brooks, Brent Venables, or Jeff Scott.  Dan Brooks is the associate head coach so he might have the in.  Although, he is probably getting close to retirement age.  My vote would be for Jeff Scott since he is young, played for Clemson, and has been around Dabo for a long time.

I hope Clemson wins it all.  :)

5 inches for MBY.

:clap:

2016 is going to be an epic year.  Clemson takes home the National Championship and the Panthers complete their undefeated season and win the Super Bowl.  Then mby gets a foot of snow and an inch of freezing rain to complete the best 2 months of my life lol.  I think I should buy a lottery ticket if all these things happen.

:clap:

2016 is going to be an epic year. Clemson takes home the National Championship and the Panthers complete their undefeated season and win the Super Bowl. Then mby gets a foot of snow and an inch of freezing rain to complete the best 2 months of my life lol. I think I should buy a lottery ticket if all these things happen.

Gamecocks have a better shot at being national champs, than the chance of you getting a foot of snow! :)

Gamecocks have a better shot at being national champs, than the chance of you getting a foot of snow! :)

I'm more likely to win the lottery as well :)

What do the analogs say about what happens when Clemson wins a national championship?  How was the winter of 82?  Too bad the Panthers are still relatively young so we can't get any good analogs out of that.

I'm more likely to win the lottery as well :)

What do the analogs say about what happens when Clemson wins a national championship?  How was the winter of 82?  Too bad the Panthers are still relatively young so we can't get any good analogs out of that.

The winter of 1981-82 was very nice if you like snow and ice in upstate SC.

Archived