Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we had an El Nino last time Clemson won a championship.  Here's a little snippet.

In almost all cases a strong El Niño brings above-normal rainfall to the Carolinas during the winter months of December through February.  During the winters of 1981-1982 and 1997-1998 extremely large amounts of rain fell causing long periods of river flooding across the eastern Carolinas.  Some of the highest river crests ever observed occurred on the Cape Fear River at William O. Huske Lock and Dam, on the Little Pee Dee River at Gallivant's Ferry, and on the Black River at Kingstree, SC during El Niño winters.

Normal snowfall   Observed snowfall during strong El Niños 1957-1958 1965-1966 1972-1973 1982-1983 1991-1992 1997-1998 Raleigh, NC 6.0" 7.9" 11.8" 11.3" 11.8" 0" 2.4" Wilmington, NC 1.6" 3.0" 0" 14.4" 4.2" 1.4" 0" Charlotte, NC 4.3" 3.2" 10.7" 11.7" 12.6" 0" 4.9" Asheville, NC 11.9" 17.4" 24.0" 9.2" 26.7" 1.5" 17.1" Florence, SC 1.9" 2.8" 0.5" 17.0" 2.0" 1.4" 0" Charleston, SC 0.5" 0" 0.8" 7.1" 0" 0" 0" Columbia, SC 1.5" 1.4" 1.0" 18.2" 0.5" 0.8" 0"

1982 was also Snow Jam in Atlanta.  Therefore everyone should be pulling for Clemson to bring home the Championship :)

So the Panthers are a 1 point underdog to the Cowboys.  I'm sure Rivera loves it.  Teams give their best efforts when they feel disrespected.

So the Panthers are a 1 point underdog to the Cowboys.  I'm sure Rivera loves it.  Teams give their best efforts when they feel disrespected.

Right where we want to be.

So the Panthers are a 1 point underdog to the Cowboys. I'm sure Rivera loves it. Teams give their best efforts when they feel disrespected.

a 10-0 team an underdog against a 3-7 team ? That may be a first in NFL history. Do the panthers have a key player injured or something or what's the deal ? I know it can't be because romo is back.

That is A LOT of money. $15 Million buyout. I am sure they will reduce it but still $10 Million+. 

Hard to believe Les Miles might be let go; sure he is the Mad Hatter, but the dude has been wildly successful and has done nothing but win. Were he about 10 years younger i'd be interested in him for USC, but we don't need another coach in the twilight of their career. Phil Kornblut said tonight there is official word of a meeting b/w Herman and Tanner this weekend; interesting...   If not Herman, who would you like to see? 

Hard to believe Les Miles might be let go; sure he is the Mad Hatter, but the dude has been wildly successful and has done nothing but win. Were he about 10 years younger i'd be interested in him for USC, but we don't need another coach in the twilight of their career. Phil Kornblut said tonight there is official word of a meeting b/w Herman and Tanner this weekend; interesting...   If not Herman, who would you like to see? 

Not sure why they want to fire him. He got them to the Natty a couple of years ago and has done a good job. As for our next head coach, what I was told is Tanner has met with Herman 3 times (Check flights to Houston on USC plane) and that Herman has signed an LOI. Not sure I believe it but what I was told. 

As for number 2 on the list, I guess Smart, but not a huge fan. He has Muschamp written all over him IMHO. 

Steele is about to become free from what it sounds like. Pick him up on the cheap. 

My bet is Saban gets Pruitt from Georgia to be DC, but just my bet. 

I would be ok with SC picking up KS on the cheap.  :)  Not sure if others would feel the same way though haha.

Pruitt can't seem to stay at one school more than a couple years.  I've heard rumors about him not being able to work well with others.

Posted in the winter thread all indexes go our favor then. Epo - , ao neutral, NAO slight neg, and PNA goes nicely positive.

Not sure about the NAO. Looks like that's still staying positive for the foreseeable future.

PNA does look to head north (+) and the AO does look to head at least in the general direction of neutral.

This threat had been showing in the LR for several days the last week. It sort of went away the past few days, but here we are again and it's back.

Probably just the GFS doing GFS things, but still interesting nonetheless.

Not sure about the NAO. Looks like that's still staying positive for the foreseeable future.

PNA does look to head north (+) and the AO does look to head at least in the general direction of neutral.

This threat had been showing in the LR for several days the last week. It sort of went away the past few days, but here we are again and it's back.

Probably just the GFS doing GFS things, but still interesting nonetheless.

I don't think I can post the Euro here but it shows the NAO diving negative and crossing the Negative line around December 3rd and then back to Neutral on Dec 5th. 

Archived