• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

UNC still has 5 Level 1 violations on it from the NCAA, the NCAA has not as of yet handed out the sanctions for those violations. It is coming but its hard to know to what extent those sanctions will be but the NCAA itself has called the scandal "unprecedented"  in NCAA history soooooo I imagine them getting off lightly is not a realistic view to have.

If I had to guess I would say that they wont lose any titles/records but they will lose bball scholarships and might be out for  2017 maybe even 2018 post season bball.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNC still has 5 Level 1 violations on it from the NCAA, the NCAA has not as of yet handed out the sanctions for those violations. It is coming but its hard to know to what extent those sanctions will be but the NCAA itself has called the scandal "unprecedented"  in NCAA history soooooo I imagine them getting off lightly is not a realistic view to have.

If I had to guess I would say that they wont lose any titles/records but they will lose bball scholarships and might be out for  2017 maybe even 2018 post season bball.

If the NCAA bans them for 2 years from NCAA and takes away multiple scholarships for for multiple years then that would be reasonable but still light, it needs to be atleast 3 years for both.   But, Roy has to go, no other coach in the nation would survive something like this. 

If the NCAA bans them for 2 years from NCAA and takes away multiple scholarships for for multiple years then that would be reasonable but still light, it needs to be atleast 3 years for both.   But, Roy has to go, no other coach in the nation would survive something like this. 

Roy wont go anywhere, from what I read it seems womens bball is gonna get hammered the worse and mens bball and football will take some licks....I agree the scholarship ban will most likely be 2--3 scholarships for 3 yrs and postseason ban will be 1-2 years maybe 3 if they really lower the boom......maybe take away bowl eligibility for football for a year...again its hard to say UNC is a blue blood school but the 5 level 1 and LOIC equals way more than a slap on the wrist, there is really no way the NCAA can do anything less than what is above and be considered legit since it has hit schools with less violations with penalties similar to the ones above.

UNC would have helped their cause a lot by self restricting/banning post season for a year etc but choose to not do that so I think that will factor in as well.

I am going on record to say that the men's basketball team will get off completely unscathed.  The football program, on the other hand, had better get it done this season...as well as women's basketball.  Roy Williams could be videoed dropping bags of money out of helicopters on prospects and could set up a brothel in Carmichael Arena, and the NCAA would just ride on by with a wink and a nod.

I am going on record to say that the men's basketball team will get off completely unscathed.  The football program, on the other hand, had better get it done this season...as well as women's basketball.  Roy Williams could be videoed dropping bags of money out of helicopters on prospects and set up a brothel in Carmichael Arena, and the NCAA would just ride on by with a wink and a nod.

Yes, yes and yes.  I would have more respect for him if he would just tell everyone to take a long walk that he is Roy and he will do whatever he darn well pleases.  Then him and Swofford can go spoon each other...

I am going on record to say that the men's basketball team will get off completely unscathed.  The football program, on the other hand, had better get it done this season...as well as women's basketball.  Roy Williams could be videoed dropping bags of money out of helicopters on prospects and could set up a brothel in Carmichael Arena, and the NCAA would just ride on by with a wink and a nod.

No way at the least they lose scholarships and at least 1 postseason, any other team though would have to vacate championships......

Sorry UNC, this is Clemson's year :weenie:   The deal is you get basketball, we get football.  You can't have both :) That being said, our defense better get their edge back because we could lose that game if we don't tackle well and are out of position.  Not too worried about our corners though, mainly our linebackers in coverage.  Mac Alexander shuts down his side of the field.  DW4 will do his thing and score enough points to win.

As far as UNC academic cheating goes....The old saying is if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.  Some schools are just better at it than others and don't get caught.  :whistle:

Sorry UNC, this is Clemson's year :weenie:   The deal is you get basketball, we get football.  You can't have both :) That being said, our defense better get their edge back because we could lose that game if we don't tackle well and are out of position.  Not too worried about our corners though, mainly our linebackers in coverage.  Mac Alexander shuts down his side of the field.  DW4 will do his thing and score enough points to win.

As far as UNC academic cheating goes....The old saying is if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.  Some schools are just better at it than others and don't get caught.  :whistle:

It sure has been fun seeing the football team play this year. It would be great to see Carolina become a basketball and football school. Well, they also have soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, and baseball. But there is no reason it should not be good in both basketball and football.

I always thought it was weird how a school like Baylor all of a sudden becomes good in both. 

It sure has been fun seeing the football team play this year. It would be great to see Carolina become a basketball and football school. Well, they also have soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, and baseball. But there is no reason it should not be good in both basketball and football.

I always thought it was weird how a school like Baylor all of a sudden becomes good in both. 

Fixed....

Clemson basketball is depressing to watch.  You need prescription medication to watch our games.  #BringbackPurnell

I have a feeling Baylor is a dirty program and wouldn't be surprised at all if something comes out of there eventually.  I would be surprised if the NCAA did anything though.  Might as well flip a coin on what the NCAA does when it comes to infractions.

Sorry, no matter what you think, UNC is still ranked higher academically than State. And their basketball and football programs are better now, too. Haters gonna hate. 

Which one did you graduate from? Just wondering.

This is confusing... RAH's AFD this afternoon.

"IT'S A NEAR CERTAINTY THAT EVERYONE IN CENTRAL NC WILL SEE SOME RAIN OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS... ALTHOUGH EXACTLY HOW MUCH RAIN WE'LL GET IS A BIT LESS CERTAIN."

"WE SHOULD STILL EXPECT STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND 1.0-1.5" WHICH MAY LEAD TO MINOR FLOODING IN URBAN AND LOW LYING AREAS."

Archived