joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the north ga mountains yesterday and it was sunny all day.

Mountains don't get the wedge. There's days with clouds , drizzle and mid 30s, while Asheville is at 50s and sunny!

What Mac said.  It was raining here in the morning yesterday, and gradually cleared over the course of the day, but the yard was still wet when the sun went down.  Today it's still spongy, but at least the leaves are dry enough to pick up without too much difficulty.

18z GFS looks interesting out into fantasy land. Lots of players on the field but I am worried about the west coast. We need a positive PNA setup to stop flow of Pacific air. The day 16 looks good at a glance until you focus on that region.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=384ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_384_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20151111+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

18z GFS looks interesting out into fantasy land. Lots of players on the field but I am worried about the west coast. We need a positive PNA setup to stop flow of Pacific air. The day 16 looks good at a glance until you focus on that region.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=384ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_384_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20151111+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

They need the rain, so I'm happy for them! I saw Reno got a 4-5 " snow the other day and everyone that I can recall, was saying S California was the only part getting moisture with this El Niño , it seems to me that it's a little worrisome to me that the El Niño is not behaving exactly as predicted so far!? Maybe that will be good for packbackers thoughts. Cantore mentioned something about the Niño and the warm oceans everywhere and said that could lead to some very highly anomalous storms/ troughs/ temp swings this winter! I'm used to waiting till Feb to get snow. We have had to the last 2 years, why not a 3rd?!

They need the rain, so I'm happy for them! I saw Reno got a 4-5 " snow the other day and everyone that I can recall, was saying S California was the only part getting moisture with this El Niño , it seems to me that it's a little worrisome to me that the El Niño is not behaving exactly as predicted so far!? Maybe that will be good for packbackers thoughts. Cantore mentioned something about the Niño and the warm oceans everywhere and said that could lead to some very highly anomalous storms/ troughs/ temp swings this winter! I'm used to waiting till Feb to get snow. We have had to the last 2 years, why not a 3rd?!

Winter cancel already?

Mowed the actual 'lawn' for hopefully the last time today, other than debris control and knocking down the weeds/wild onions. 3 hours worth - with a couple breaks for a mower cool-down and gas refill.  Hard to believe that the Zoyzia hasn't begun to brown out yet.

Dealing with our THIRD pine straw drop of the year. Usually we have one in May when the new growth is setting, and a second one in October. I think the summer drought triggered the intermediate one in late August/early September.

Bermuda is still green, dandelions blooming everywhere , but just cool enough for henbit to be everywhere!!! Lantana still In bloom! Camellias looking amazing right now ( sasanquas) ! Daffodils greenery is up in the backyard , Mother Nature is confused!

Not in the Northwest.

CTp0EX-UcAAwn3r.png
Philip Klotzbach @philklotzbach
More epic snow forecast for Mount Rainier, with NOAA calling for 143"-177" between tonight and Saturday night.
4 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Not in the Northwest.

CTp0EX-UcAAwn3r.png

Philip Klotzbach @philklotzbach

More epic snow forecast for Mount Rainier, with NOAA calling for 143"-177" between tonight and Saturday night.

4 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Its really good seeing them get this kind of weather. They need this really the whole cold season but we are greedy lol.

Archived