joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked some tomatoes. half died since the freeze several weeks ago, but there are new vines growing. Flowers are also blooming. might see some sun, if the dang pocket in the clouds can get here on time....

GOES193020153101j4PP0.jpg

are you in Charlotte ? According to the data I'm looking at, Charlotte hasn't had a freeze yet.

I guess the old saying be careful what you wish for applies to rain this fall.  Picked up 1.16" in a thunderstorm last night.  I haven't totaled things up recently, but I'd imagine we are pushing 20" for the last couple months.  Better hope we don't have any windy days coming up soon.  Feels like I'm about to go insane from the lack of sun.

Now it's time to go tailgate and watch another game in the rain....sigh.

I guess the old saying be careful what you wish for applies to rain this fall.  Picked up 1.16" in a thunderstorm last night.  I haven't totaled things up recently, but I'd imagine we are pushing 20" for the last couple months.  Better hope we don't have any windy days coming up soon.  Feels like I'm about to go insane from the lack of sun.

Now it's time to go tailgate and watch another game in the rain....sigh.

Yeah, thinking I'll just skip the tailgating and just take in the game...wife is sick of eating chicken wings in the rain this season! BTW, I think we crush the Noles. 38-10...

I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself that it is actually November outside.  Not one low this month below 61, and the past couple of nights have been around 70, and just plain muggy.  

I've been seeing in the media that mosquitoes are really becoming a problem from Columbia and points east.  I was in Kingstree, SC last week for work, and the amount of standing water everywhere still was really mind boggling.

Archived