joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is hard to believe. This month also marks my 13th anniversary posting on these boards. Time flies. 

Crazy, I remember some of you guys ( not you in particular I dont think) from The Weather Channel Forum pre 2006 when I joined Eastern after lurking there a while.....things have changed a ton since then though wow.....

After being a horrible franchise for so many years, the early 90s was a magical time for Braves fans. The excitement was incredible. Many of my best childhood memories involve the Braves. Some of my worst memories as well. I remember crying myself to sleep after losing to the Phillies in the 1993 NLCS. And I still feel like the Braves were cheated in the 1991 WS.

Any Braves fans in here? I'm sure after trading Simmons there are quite a few angry fans including myself. Pretty much traded everyone except Freeman off the team. Stupid move for sure.

I'm thinking right now this was good. The Braves are going to suck for at least another two years. Simmons is the best defensively, but has always struggled offensively. The Braves got two great pitching prospects; with one now being their number one prospect overall. They also have a young up and coming shortstop that may not be as good defensively but much better offensively. So for where the Braves are right now; great deal.    

I'm thinking right now this was good. The Braves are going to suck for at least another two years. Simmons is the best defensively, but has always struggled offensively. The Braves got two great pitching prospects; with one now being their number one prospect overall. They also have a young up and coming shortstop that may not be as good defensively but much better offensively. So for where the Braves are right now; great deal.

what do the braves do if those pitching prospects end up sucking ?

Francisco drills it deep , Justice for the tie, Bream is going for home! He's Safe! Braves win! Braves win!

Watched it live. It was amazing!

We were watching that game in college and I remember when Sid slid home, the entire campus erupted. You could hear cheering coming from everywhere. It was pretty awesome!

The problem I have with this trade is it's always a gamble to see if the prospects work out. Management never spends the money on top players anymore so it's going to take a lot of luck to get what they want. They need an owner that actually puts up the funds instead of gambling on prospects all the time.

How about Rousey getting ko'd last night!

Biggest upset in UFC history!

#KICKTOTHENECK

I was nervous for her going into the fight against that kind of boxer, but I assumed like everyone else ronda would get a takedown and armbar within 30 seconds. Definitely didn't see her trying to go toe to toe against holm standing up. Boxing is ronda's weakness and she tried to win that way after she found out she couldn't take holm down to the ground. Mistake....ronda wasn't there mentally for this fight.

Archived