joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided to not try to get up anymore leaves until the day after Thanksgiving. Just useless now. Going to wait until most of them fall and then get them up at one time. I have a wooded backyard so there are a lot back there. I'll rake up the ones not in the wooded sections and dump them at the side of the street for the town to pick up. Then if anymore fall after then just blow them back into the wooded sections. Just too many of them to blow them all, though. Easier to rake most of them up, even if it is harder work. I usually just take the lawnmower and cut up the leaves in the front yard that are on the grass.

I have decided to not try to get up anymore leaves until the day after Thanksgiving. Just useless now. Going to wait until most of them fall and then get them up at one time. I have a wooded backyard so there are a lot back there. I'll rake up the ones not in the wooded sections and dump them at the side of the street for the town to pick up. Then if anymore fall after then just blow them back into the wooded sections. Just too many of them to blow them all, though. Easier to rake most of them up, even if it is harder work. I usually just take the lawnmower and cut up the leaves in the front yard that are on the grass.

I mow my leaves. That's the best. Never ever rake!

My 60 inch Hustler sends em  right to the woods. I "raked" 3 acres in 45 minutes Sat.

I pick up each leaf, rate it on a color meter, number it and put it into a large container that will be stored in a cryogenic facility.  I am building a leaf color analog for future winter forecasting.  :)

Any GREarth / AllisonHouse users here?

Today, I finally bought the $15/mo GREarth data feed from AllisonHouse. I'd been researching and I'd like to change some of the colortables on the radar, but I have no clue how to open and edit a .pal file.

Is there a program I need to use to open .pal files? The website where I found these new color tables said you just copy the code and replace the default code in the GREarth program. However, when I click on the color table settings in GRE, I find the table I want to change (SN, RA, etc) I can't get into the .pal file to paste the code.

I used to be good with computers. Now I'm struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Today, I finally bought the $15/mo GREarth data feed from AllisonHouse. I'd been researching and I'd like to change some of the colortables on the radar, but I have no clue how to open and edit a .pal file.

Is there a program I need to use to open .pal files? The website where I found these new color tables said you just copy the code and replace the default code in the GREarth program. However, when I click on the color table settings in GRE, I find the table I want to change (SN, RA, etc) I can't get into the .pal file to paste the code.

I used to be good with computers. Now I'm struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try notepad I think you can open it with that...

Change .PAL to .TXT. Exit in Notepad then save as .PAL

Archived