• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PrinsWX
    Newest Member
    PrinsWX
TropicalAnalystwx13

Cat 5 Major Hurricane Patricia

Cloud tops beginning to cool again, and it appears to be beginning to make a more northward turn... Next flyby will be really interesting.

avn_lalo-animated.gif

I would say Emiliano Zapata is the place to be if Josh wants to get near the center.

To make matters worse, she's moving nearly perpendicular to the coastline.

Looks like she's moving faster as well. The surface wind speeds in the front right quad, along the coast, will probably be in the unprecedented category.

Approx 5000 ft.

I hope you're being facetious. The surface pressure is 879mb. 850mb is barely above the surface.

Man, I hope he is extra careful with this one.

Still seeing people walking nonchalantly in front of the Manzanilla beach cam. Sure hope they've got a good shelter to go to.

It's starting to get near the original track...

Yeah...EZ or Careyes look to be the place to be....Patricia was well behaved most of it's life and then pulls this just when it's about to landfall.. It's currently in an ERC cycle, so the inner eyewall may be doing long trochoidal wobbles inside the much larger outer eyewall.

Yeah...EZ or Careyes look to be the place to be....Patricia was well behaved most of it's life and then pulls this just when it's about to landfall.. It's currently in an ERC cycle, so the inner eyewall may be doing long trochoidal wobbles inside the much larger outer eyewall.

Yep. He is on his way to EZ. Told him he may have to head further N to Careyes or Chamela. Can't lie. Not fully comfortable but trust his judgement. Running out of time and has to find somewhere to hunker down.

Problems? 

4d712c477f40958ef52c65b9aacc93c4.jpg

Man..I sure as hell hope not..it would be so disappointing if they aren't able to make another pass.

My friend from Mexico who lives near the area is saying new outlets are downplaying the hurricane. WOW

Actually I have heard strong worded declarations from officials and SMN people in the news. My FB feed is full of Patricia

Actually I have heard strong worded declarations from officials and SMN people in the news. My FB feed is full of Patricia

My friend is watching the news and they are saying it wont be so bad. these are newscaster, not twitters. might be a single news station. still horrible because people wont think it's so bad. 

Yep. He is on his way to EZ. Told him he may have to head further N to Careyes or Chamela. Can't lie. Not fully comfortable but trust his judgement. Running out of time and has to find somewhere to hunker down.

I know him...he wants to get in the center, lowest over land pressure reading from a hurricane is just too tempting :P

I would imagine this might be similar to Charley on crack. Approaching the coast at a similar angle that Charley approached Florida, and a small, but very intense inner core. I remember them issuing tornado warnings where Charley made landfall, because it was literally like a massive tornado buzz sawing the entire area. 

My friend is watching the news and they are saying it wont be so bad. these are newscaster, not twitters. might be a single news station. still horrible because people wont think it's so bad. 

Frankly, it's pretty much too late to do anything if you aren't already, besides getting to a sturdy building nearby. 

Might be a single station. I have heard them from popular news outlets...I have probably heard the words 'histórico' (historic), 'más intenso' (most intense) and 'jamás registrado' (never recorded before)...more than a dozen times.

Frankly, it's pretty much too late to do anything if you aren't already, besides getting to a sturdy building nearby. 

Yup, it's sad. Hopefully the loss of life wont be so bad. Probably will be with vacationers still in their oceanfront resorts. :(