joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that they're betting on the Euro;  it's more that showing a track with a landfall would cause a lot of panic, and they don't want to do that until it's more certain.   The discussion clearly notes that most guidance shows a mid-Atlantic landfall, and they've adjusted their track to the west, but they're not going to sound the alarm bells until there is more model agreement, and that makes sense to me.    This is where there needs to be more emphasis on the cone of uncertainty instead of the track, although I think I would argue that their cone should have more coverage on the west side.

Right now it's basically Euro vs the world and NHC is betting on Euro

I don't think that they're betting on the Euro;  it's more that showing a track with a landfall would cause a lot of panic, and they don't want to do that until it's more certain.   The discussion clearly notes that most guidance shows a mid-Atlantic landfall, and they've adjusted their track to the west, but they're not going to sound the alarm bells until there is more model agreement, and that makes sense to me.    This is where there needs to be more emphasis on the cone of uncertainty instead of the track, although I think I would argue that their cone should have more coverage on the west side.

yeah I agree. its clear that they are considering a mid atlantic land fall in the discussion and I think the newly adjusted 8am track accounts for what you are saying. I think they are doing fine, but I think they are leaning heavily on the historical accuracy of the Euro for this type of setup

6z gfs shows prolonged gale conditions on the beaches and bay Fri-sun. And then storm conditions all the way to the cities Sunday. Sustained 50mph along 95 with 60+ over water. Hurricane force gusts for sure over water.

Further south track would definitely cause more surge issues on the bay because the S-SE flow would roar on approach.

Having prolonged easterly gale conditions leading in would weaken the Atlantic Coast's defenses prior to the big stuff.

Pretty nasty run again. 12z will be SRO around here.

6z gfs shows prolonged gale conditions on the beaches and bay Fri-sun. And then storm conditions all the way to the cities Sunday. Sustained 50mph along 95 with 60+ over water. Hurricane force gusts for sure over water.

Further south track would definitely cause more surge issues on the bay because the S-SE flow would roar on approach.

Having prolonged easterly gale conditions leading in would weaken the Atlantic Coast's defenses prior to the big stuff.

Pretty nasty run again. 12z will be SRO around here.

Yea, if any of the last 3 GFS runs verify safe to say we will be facing a situation none of us have ever seen before in our lives.

Archived