joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that has me riveted is the increasing chance of an unusual wnw track just to our south and relatively slow movement considering our latitude. This wouldn't be the typical hit and run of the very few that have similar tracks. I mean wow. A storm that would be talked about until I'm 6 feet under.

There really isn't an analog. If it happened it'd be a 500 year event

The thing that has me riveted is the increasing chance of an unusual wnw track just to our south and relatively slow movement considering our latitude. This wouldn't be the typical hit and run of the very few that have similar tracks. I mean wow. A storm that would be talked about until I'm 6 feet under.

That would be a heck of a call for who to evacuate...

Isabel was nothing compared to what is advertised in terms of rain and wind....in terms of storm surge, I imagine this would be worse too which is scary....

IIRC Isabel had a nasty S-SE fetch into the mouth of the bay leading in. Gfs is ene leading in to the worst conditions. Western shore would be a mess from the slosh but the bay itself wouldn't be swollen too bad verbatim. Not downplaying the scenario though. Damage would be extensive.

Archived