joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed the asperatus clouds as well this morning. It was one wave after another. Never saw so many like that before.

post-7389-0-60975200-1441904216_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-03776500-1441904227_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-80120500-1441904239_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-68232400-1441904252_thumb.jp

I saw more after this traveling north, just didn't have time to stop and take pictures.

A nice treat to an otherwise gloomy, cool day.

I just posted this on the short term severe thread, but central/western Illinois has gotten rather unexpectedly active this afternoon--tornado warning NW of SPI heading SE and winds gusting here in the city right now.

Today has gotten unexpectedly active (IMO) in central/western Illinois, particularly in the Peoria-Macomb-Springfield triangle area so far.  Confirmed tornado NW of Springfield in southern Mason County heading southeast--the immediate SPI area might be on a collision course with this storm if it holds:

TORNADO WARNINGILC017-125-129-102230-/O.NEW.KILX.TO.W.0019.150910T2156Z-150910T2230Z/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDTORNADO WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL456 PM CDT THU SEP 10 2015THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  SOUTH CENTRAL MASON COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  MENARD COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  NORTHEASTERN CASS COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...* UNTIL 530 PM CDT* AT 455 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR  KILBOURNE...OR 12 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HAVANA...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT  35 MPH.  HAZARD...TORNADO.  SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO. REPORTED BY MASON  COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.  IMPACT...EXPECT DAMAGE TO MOBILE HOMES...ROOFS AND VEHICLES.* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...  PETERSBURG AROUND 510 PM CDT.  GREENVIEW AROUND 515 PM CDT.  ATHENS AROUND 520 PM CDT.OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THIS TORNADIC THUNDERSTORM INCLUDEOAKFORD...SWEETWATER...LINCOLNS NEW SALEM AND ATTERBERRY.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...TO REPEAT...A TORNADO IS ON THE GROUND. TAKE COVER NOW! MOVE TO ABASEMENT OR AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDYBUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF YOU ARE OUTDOORS...IN A MOBILE HOME...ORIN A VEHICLE...MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECTYOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.TO REPORT SEVERE WEATHER CONTACT YOUR NEAREST LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.THEY WILL SEND YOUR REPORT TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE INLINCOLN.&&LAT...LON 4008 9008 4019 8994 4003 8961 3990 8983TIME...MOT...LOC 2155Z 312DEG 32KT 4013 8996TORNADO...OBSERVEDHAIL...<.75IN

Perhaps we should call this September, Septorch (similar to Morch)

So far, this month has been much above normal (+6 to +12 areas shown here) from eastern Colorado to New England to northeast Minnesota- a very large area. Gee I guess all my 88s and 90s here in Colorado only counted towards a +4F on the month.

2015_09_1_to_10_tempdeparture.png

High of 64° here today with a lot of clouds until mid afternoon. Cool and breezy late in the day. Seeing more leaves fall to the ground the past few days, and more yellow appearing in the foliage. 

Tacked on 0.30" of rain to the yearly total this morning.

Been out of the weather loop (and country) for the last week. Traveled to Banff and Jasper, AB. That was my first time there and would highly recommend it. Pic is from Moraine Lake about 55km from Banff. Temps were a little chilly and saw some snow in the higher elevations. Point has 43F tonight here at home. Good sleeping wx

post-8717-0-62966200-1442022853_thumb.jp

Been out of the weather loop (and country) for the last week. Traveled to Banff and Jasper, AB. That was my first time there and would highly recommend it. Pic is from Moraine Lake about 55km from Banff. Temps were a little chilly and saw some snow in the higher elevations. Point has 43F tonight here at home. Good sleeping wx

That is amazing, beautiful picture. Did you jump in the water? ^_^

Awesome picture Chitown! That's one place I've been longing to go for awhile. 

Will be in the Washington Cascades and Puget Sound area until the 20th. Forecast is for a mild weekend and then into a wet and cool pattern until late week. 

Snapped this photo earlier today of the showers over the lake. Of most interest was this circular cloud ring around this small tower over the lake. Reminded me of some of the clouds I've seen on mountain tops.

post-7389-0-65113200-1442026166_thumb.jp

Awesome pic!  :thumbsup:

Already down to 54 here.  First night in the 40s coming up.

Archived