joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For about the 20th time this year, morning convection held on longer than expected and put the kibosh on our expected evening complex.  Fortunately, I was in a good spot and picked up an inch of rain from the earlier batch.  Tomorrow is still a bit up in the air.  Some models nail us with a couple inches of rain while some keep most of it south.

The past few days have featured extraordinary temperature swings IMBY, with mornings feeling autumn like and afternoons feeling hot and muggy.. Tis the season. Sadly, it looks like tomorrow this will all come to an end.. at least for a few days. Overall pattern looks favorable for more warmth relative to av in the next two weeks, though.

SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2015 - Hi 60 degrees, Lo 44 degrees

SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2015 - Hi 76 degrees, Lo 42 degrees

SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2015 - Hi 82 degrees, Lo 54 degrees

SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2015 - Hi 84 degrees, Lo 54 degrees

SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2015 - Hi 83 degrees, Low 53 degrees

Man this makes my work lightning shots look like child's play. This is really an incredible shot.

Thanks man.

Been a real fun evening.  Have had continuous thunder since about 7pm.  Quite the light show tonight, although most of it has been cloud to cloud.  Heaviest rains have stayed to the northwest so far, as we've only picked up another 0.04" since early eve.

Gotta say, these are some incredibly prolific downpours up here. The lightning earlier was impressive, but the rain on my house sounds like a train going by. The totals should be significant when things finally let up.

You guys up in Northern Lake county are getting hammered! Still waiting for the storms to sink down here.

Archived