joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 85 today.  Looking forward to the nice temps this weekend.  

Nice time of year to be sure, but years like this (again) with little meaningful tropical activity make for very boring weather for the enthusiast.  Mid Aug through much of the fall are filled with several weeks of benign weather at times.  My least favorite time of year from a weather enthusiast perspective, but still love it for the other attributes though.  

Graphics and other information that is totally free on the Weatherbell models page:

everything listed as "free" including NWS NDFD snowfall

HRRR 3km

RTMA

2014-2015 climate atlas (it's just an archive of GFS maps)

Global tropical cyclone ACE

Global temperature anomaly

NSSL WRF 4km

WRF 4km (NMM/ARW)

FIM9 Full resolution

WPC precip forecasts

Tropical cyclone heat potential

But even for you guys the only real alternative to gorgeous this time of year is cold and rainy....who the heck wants that?   I love this time of year for great outdoor weather.

I agree, although I would prefer cooler temps not complaining about the sunshine! In about another month I won't be seeing the sun very much until May of next year. 

But even for you guys the only real alternative to gorgeous this time of year is cold and rainy....who the heck wants that? I love this time of year for great outdoor weather.

I like stormy and unsettled weather in the fall. Whether that be storms or general rain, So be it.

Summer time temps this time of year just sucks for me. The only positive from this is L Superior is running a tad above average, which could translate to more snow. And looking back, the major El Niño of '98, MQT still had 185" And my area still 200"+. With a mid winter normal high of 22 here, I will likely still see a decent winter. I'm just being whiny now.

Clear days with highs in the 80s and lows in the 50s. A bit warm for my liking bit the diurnal range seems to be kicking the Fall color show into gear. Noticing more tints of color with each passing day.

September will be just the 3rd month of 2015 to finish warmer than normal (apr, may, sep), amusing that strong nino climo almost unanimously supports a colder than normal September :lol:

Archived