joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, low CAPE and pretty decent shear. It looked like a day that tornadoes couldn't be ruled out but there was no indication we'd get a super long tracker.

There were some Helicity values of up to 450 I saw for Illinois and Indiana. I believe 400+ helps formation of Super Cells and tornadoes. There was an instance of where the Temperature in Fort Worth Texas were only 65 degrees, but due to High Helicity Values that lead to one of the greatest hailstorms in Texas History that dropped Grapefruit sized hail on the cities Mayfest fair

Crisp morning then a pleasant afternoon. DTW had a high/low of 71/48.

A week of clear, cool nights & sunny, warm days as we head towards late September is absolutely perfect for the color show!

Great weather, but there is not much color around semi. The sugar maples are still emerald green and the other native trees show little color. We seem almost a week to two weeks behind last year.

Great weather, but there is not much color around semi. The sugar maples are still emerald green and the other native trees show little color. We seem almost a week to two weeks behind last year.

I have noticed a lot of color tints showing up and increasing by the day. It's possible it's a touch late,.but Greenup was late in spring. I meant that the weather this week is perfect for the coming colors at this crucial stage. Cloudy weather could mean a muted october, but what we have is showing signs of a vibrant october. I've noticed a few maples turning. The honey locusts are yellowing by the day. The chestnuts are brown. I use those two species as my first sign of falls color show.

Just like the signs of leaf color change, SpartyOn returns to the forums... You know winter is on the way.

Spent the afternoon downtown Detroit...not a cloud in the sky.

4417-800.jpg

Pretty much perfect weather for this time of year for the next week. Incredibly, really, considering late September-Early October is usually the start of the "chilly, rainy, wind advisory" type of pattern... at least for the past decade or so it seems.

In the car, we are at that time of year when the heat goes on on the way to work and the AC on the way home :lol:

Same in the house. Toss the extra blanket on the bed because it will be cold overnight, but top shelf during the day.

And with my recently purchased hot tub, this is perfect weather for evening soaks, and with the AC off, my power bill will get to take a month off of making me penniless,

Not for some of us. :D

Going from first to worst sucks, but going from first to first to first to first to worst is even worse lol.

I actually feel kinda sorry for the cubs this year. No team is more playoff deprived, & they are forced into a 1-game playoff despite very possibly finishing with the 2nd or 3rd best record in all of mlb.

Archived