• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

Feels weird saying this but if there is any tornado possibility tomorrow that potential may exist across far SE MA, the Cape area, and RI. Models do redevelop a pretty decent (30-35 knot) llj later in the day tomorrow. Just questions as to whether this occurs over this area or out over the ocean

Probably where it screws folks the most.....lolz SNE SVR.....

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was the WCAX Facebook had a report of quarters at the picnic tables.

Where'd ya see that? Didn't look like it went near the picnic tables Haha.

Does look like there was a fatal accident on I-89 in Richmond near where that severe storm was. Not sure if it was weather related or not. Second fatal accident this week near exit 11 and both times the northbound driver crossed the grassy median and struck a driver coming the other way head-on. No chance of survival when a northbound car hits a southbound car at 75mph.

A second storm developed and moved directly over MMN.

Anybody see any mention of this? Didn't wanna go back through the posts, if I missed it, I apologize. From what I hear, there's fatalities.

Lancaster (Coos), NH **MCI/Collapse** 516 Main Street (Lancaster Fair) - Multiple mutual aid on scene with a collapse of a circus tent, possibly upwards of 250 occupants, injuries have been reported and transports are taking place, NH State Fire Marshal is responding, incident remains active, this is possibly storm related - 8/3/15

meanwhile

That's the equivalent in winter of the NAM showing a 2-3 foot blizzard and then the GFS comes in and shows a dusting from a strung out scraper.

That's like 15-16F worth of dewpoint difference at the surface. :lol:

In the same general area. Sounding above was using SBCAPE, MLCAPE in that sounding was around 1000 J/kg lower, but still talking 3000+ J/kg.

00_NAM_021_41.43%2C-72.05_hodo.gif

I was wondering why the hodo wasn't more curved given the 291 helicity shown but that's b/c much of the turning is only from sfc to like 925mb...from around there on up is pure unidirectional.  This makes sense though given how the trough is going to evolve but turning at the sfc definitely possible too, especially with any boundaries 

That's the equivalent in winter of the NAM showing a 2-3 foot blizzard and then the GFS comes in and shows a dusting from a strung out scraper.

That's like 15-16F worth of dewpoint difference at the surface. :lol:

Pretty comical.

I am a bit interested here since the SREF is still bullish with adequate instability. We've had 2 other cases this year where the NAM was on its own and even the SREFs were siding with the gfs

Yeah i don't like how the GFS and Euro are really mixing out the dews with that dry, tongue of air. I'm skeptical of the NAM but a more modest blending would still give some a decent shot at a marginally severe storm, particularly eastern areas.

The 12z Euro was showing 65+ dewpoints over the eastern half of CT, much of southern MA east of Springfield and RI at 18z tomorrow. By 00z you have 70s dewpoints over Cape Cod and SE MA. Doesn't seem unreasonable that 70s dewpoints may make their way into that area the NAM variants are favouring in that 6 hr window between those two times.

Directional shear would be your next question, speed shear should be there though. Even that lame GFS sounding has more than enough of that.

Severe Weather Threat exists after 9z this morning.  Parameters in place support an isolated tornado risk with damaging winds, Large Hail, Frequent Lightning and heavy rain the likely hazards with a line or discrete super cells transiting through SNE South Coastal regions.  Our impulse responsible for these storms this morning is over Lake Erie.  It will spread large scale ascent for additional thunderstorm development and with wind shear near 40-50 knots expect a line of convection producing damaging winds is quite possible  Our impulse is quite intense seen on water vapor imagery over Lake Erie.  It is currently producing strong to severe storms over central/eastern PA.

Anybody see any mention of this? Didn't wanna go back through the posts, if I missed it, I apologize. From what I hear, there's fatalities.

Lancaster (Coos), NH **MCI/Collapse** 516 Main Street (Lancaster Fair) - Multiple mutual aid on scene with a collapse of a circus tent, possibly upwards of 250 occupants, injuries have been reported and transports are taking place, NH State Fire Marshal is responding, incident remains active, this is possibly storm related - 8/3/15

2 ppl killed, 15 injured per this article 

http://www.wmur.com/news/tent-collapses-at-lancaster-fairgrounds/34514530

Archived