joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PVD metro was crushed this morning.  Power out everwhere, tree limbs blocking 95 during rush hour.  Commute was a disaster to say the least. My dog had a total melt down this morning he must of been reading BOX's discussion and thought no big deal.

HRRR is basically a no-go for afternoon storms outside of extreme eastern SNE. Advects drier air in really fast.

Not sure how this afternoon will play out but I'm not expecting a whole lot in most areas down here. The 6z NAM has trended toward the GFS.

When I woke up and saw how far storms were away this morning it was quite disappointing. I hope we can,manage something here for a change.

Between yesterday afternoon and last night, here at my folks house just south of ALB we saw 5 distinct thunderstorms. I don't think I've ever had that before. 5 different downpours associated with good thunder and lightning. 1.10" of rain.

Very similar--4 separate rounds of storms with TL with all of them.  .91 Rain

Today may be the day

Maybe I can get up to 3 TS in 4 days with less than 0.10" precip?  Currently at 2 in 3 days with 0.07" total.  It was very predictable looking at all the warning boxes last evening that they all would slide by to my NW (except for some later ones to the south.)

Maybe I can get up to 3 TS in 4 days with less than 0.10" precip?  Currently at 2 in 3 days with 0.07" total.  It was very predictable looking at all the warning boxes last evening that they all would slide by to my NW (except for some later ones to the south.)

We have had 1 here, It was last night and very weak, Rained for about 3-5 mins that was it, I think i had 0.01" in the gauge

Between yesterday afternoon and last night, here at my folks house just south of ALB we saw 5 distinct thunderstorms. I don't think I've ever had that before. 5 different downpours associated with good thunder and lightning. 1.10" of rain.

Very similar--4 separate rounds of storms with TL with all of them.  .91 Rain

Didn't see anything of note around here yesterday, in fact I was able to mow the lawn yesterday evening.  There were a few rumbles of thunder while mowing but that was it.

Archived