12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM has two QPF maxes, one over Western MA and the other from the Poconos to NYC. That fits pretty well with my thinking. These MCS events tend to move on a WNW to ESE trajectory. I'm not saying that SNE gets skunked but I wouldn't expect much away from the South shore of CT. That fits pretty well with SPC's latest outlook.

day1otlk_1300.gif?1436450658691

That diamond pond, nh station fell to 52 degrees at 10:30am and only recovered to 60. 

Glad We Don't Live There.

Not all here would agree.  The coop there only reported 12/97 thru mid-2011 (at least that's all the Climod site has), and their avg snowfall was 220" during that time.

Flood watches to the pike. Safe to say it's going to rain to Maine

And what do you know..thunder

MAIN ACTION FOR THE NIGHT WILL BE SHOWERS AND SCATTERED

THUNDERSTORMS AS LOW PRES PASSES ACROSS CT THEN HEADS SE OFF THE S

COAST OVERNIGHT. PWATS CONTINUE TO INCREASE...UP TO 2 TO 2.2

INCHES...SO EXPECT TO SEE HEAVY DOWNPOURS.

not sure how a WNW to ESE trajectory would bring rain to Maine, but OK

Not all here would agree.  The coop there only reported 12/97 thru mid-2011 (at least that's all the Climod site has), and their avg snowfall was 220" during that time.

Diamond Pond gets crushed. I think the last time I was there in winter was 2005-2006, a real stinker. I attended the annual Snodeo at Coleman State park. Even though it was a crapfest in the lowlands, there was still snow up there.

Nobody said a miss, but I just don't see widespread +RA at all.  It is possble a small mid level frontogenesis band gives areas in srn VT, Berks, and SNH some heavier rain, but I'm not impressed in the ORH-BDL-BOS area. Nor have I been. Maybe I will be wrong..but I would guess most in that triangle under half inch. Perhaps some with very little. S coast and then the other areas in a mid level deform area may get more. 

radar wants to argue the thing is different anyway...seems the overrunning shield is shifting N, and trailing convective lines are headed this way. 

meanwhile, lots of sky light opened up here in interior eastern Ma and some backyard 82's are popping up on the DDE product - 

Its funny.models pegged south of Pike and hvy rain is all well in VT and NH. Convection to south robbing south of pike

The convection is passing to the south which is a classic model bias and usually what happens. The deformation area isn't much right now, but will develop a bit. Overall..the whole thing seems rather benign. Best rain is always near low center and south with warm season lows.

Archived