• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

Hey you could be right with dry forecast away from shore.. But this set up is totally different. There's no dry cool high to the northeast holding it at bay.. Dry air may never really make it south of the pike. Dews still 70 here. This has some things going for it that the 4th didn't

This is more compact then the 4th...almost a MCV like feature. I also did not say dry. I said I could see some -RA near the pike...I just don't buy +RA at the pike. There is also a WNW-ESE look perhaps which puts areas further west in a better position.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After looking things over it's pretty clear to me that's warm frontal driven ... I agree with the S arguments/bias correction therein, but that event acting as a pseudo warm boundary is destined to get N/E of SNE and in doing so, at any point there's even chances for convection to peel along it. That baser conceptual awareness is a partial nod back. 

In other words, I don't think a pure MCS reasoning/bias correction can apply, because it's not really the same thing. It can rain either way, given that evolution. 

Also, low probably heat wave for this weekend..  850's of 12+C moderate to 15-17 C by later Saturday afternoon, and holds in warm sector through difused cool fropa next Monday night or Tuesday.  The GFSX MOS is plugging away at 89/92/89 for those three days at KFIT, and Newark is 94/90/89!   More over, the synoptics support a deep layer unidirection flow that is WNW for the first half of that period. ..sort of quasi climo set up for bringing heat into this region.. That flow tends to dry out ceilings and clear things up a bit ... through high sun and those 850s and higher morning launch temp. Would not shock me given the synoptics if the MOS products bust 2 or even 3 degrees cool.  

It's a risk given the season's tendency to under perform at least excuse imaginable, but this situation in coming doesn't really have any of those excuses.  We'll see how it goes.. 

Yeah. Get out and mow at 6z.

He's a real trip. That image is basically the same solution, he's just being a QPF queen. Drill the Euro down to 13 km and it looks almost identical in QPF placement to the GFS from that run.

Meteorology not modelology.

Let me dig way back for some old DVN tools for MCS forecasting. I know a couple years ago they preferred the crazy uncle because it was less susceptible to convective feedback. 

This morning it was off to a pretty good start placing the complex near the IN/MI border.

post-44-0-02326600-1436430379_thumb.png

You obviously want a nice overlap of strong theta-e advection in the mid levels (here 850 mb) and divergence aloft (200 mb given that we're talking a deeper summer-time column). At 06z it had a good handle on the greatest MCS potential and heaviest QPF in northern IN.

post-44-0-11690800-1436430617_thumb.png

Fast forward to 06z Friday (tonight) and this is what the Ukie thinks. Best overlap is definitely southern New England, despite what some QPF output says. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, because guidance is truly all over the place.

Congrats south coast?

And what do you know..thunder

MAIN ACTION FOR THE NIGHT WILL BE SHOWERS AND SCATTERED

THUNDERSTORMS AS LOW PRES PASSES ACROSS CT THEN HEADS SE OFF THE S

COAST OVERNIGHT. PWATS CONTINUE TO INCREASE...UP TO 2 TO 2.2

INCHES...SO EXPECT TO SEE HEAVY DOWNPOURS.

Will Coastal Wx still dissent ?

Euro is pretty wet. I will gladly take some rain, I just can't help model biases in play shoving rain too far north from overdoing warm advection and PVA as usual. Hopefully the low tracks over my head, but will be south of New England I think.

Seems like it wants to come thru SW Mass or NW CT and sort of heads E/Se from there. Might even be a sneaky spinner threat undercover of darkness

Seems like it wants to come thru SW Mass or NW CT and sort of heads E/Se from there. Might even be a sneaky spinner threat undercover of darkness

If you look at the hires models on psu ewall site from 00z, you can see that heavy strip modeled with meh rain to the north. That's what I could see only shifted towards the south a bit. Hope I'm wrong because I would like some rain.

If you look at the hires models on psu ewall site from 00z, you can see that heavy strip modeled with meh rain to the north. That's what I could see only shifted towards the south a bit. Hope I'm wrong because I would like some rain.

why? It's been wet as hell lately....mold and mushrooms showing up all over my yard

Archived