e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just got back from Disney and saw storms pretty much everyday from last Thursday to this Tuesday - lightening was unreal. I don't know if you guys saw the picture of lightening flashing through the sky over the Castle taken the night of July 3, it was widely redistributed, but we were hunkered down right behind the castle for that entire storm and saw many bolts just like that one; it was relentlesss for hours.

What was amazing to me was people walking around pushing strollers and using umbrellas while bolts of cloud to ground are hitting all over, it was as though they felt there was a protective bubble over the park

On our way there now for the week...Hopefully the storms continue...usually I get down there and they stop. I saw the pic you are talking about..going to make it my profile pic

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That 'tornado Tuesday' blurb was based upon a single Euro run days ago.. If so, fine - but there wasn't much there for supportive analysis at the time. 

Hmm... Day one in the low probability heat wave for interior sites, underway. As of the 10:50 (11) AM obs, lots of 81 to 85 F already according to the EDD interactive page at KTAN's website.  I can tell you ...we soar here in Ayer!  No smoke this time bub, and we probably return to the more typical tendency to bust MOS cool over warm now that we sans that dimming aspect.  If we don't do it today, we don't do it at all.  Tomorrow looks like a shoe-in for 92 to 95F highs, as MOS' land over synoptic appeal with zippo contention.  Today and Monday are iffy - 

Monday's interesting ...albeit tedious.  But, the NAM and the Euro (interesting enough) take the current dying mid-Atlantic MCS and it's convectively generated vmax adrift out over the coastal waters ... to where it generates a weakly closed low; that innocuous seemingly dismissable perturbation actually disrupts the sfc PP enough to bend the gradient ...however weak, on-shore for Monday over eastern sections. This is totally new ... again, amazing how this summer is just engineering these reasons to keep heat down to a great convenience to these "COC" gloaters - you folks are just getting lucky at this point. :)

... Anyway, the FRH grid only knocks temps back to 25 C - ish in the 980 mb level @ Logan, which is still good for 27 or 28 in the 2 meter; as well, the winds are very light, so "on-shore" is too strong a description; more like cooling drift that may not get that far inland.  Which means, for interior sites ... it may be more convective contamination keeps temps into the mid 80s.  It may also be that the models are over doing that whole evolution and its isobaric response, too.  If that happens then more S component might contaminate S/E sections either way.  So a couple of hurdles for that day; still not impossible.

I'm thinking 90 to 91 for interior EDD sites ...however more or less in agreement with MOS plans today, then a more inclusive for tomorrow, then a wild card for Monday.   

Looks like the highs are in the books...  Most common high was 88, but there were several 90 outliers, and even a 94 at Willmington.  So it's a backyard 9er and won't officiate.  I don't see 90 possible on Tuesday, so tho today, tomorrow and Monday will likely average the warmest stretch of the summer, it'll fall shy of a heat wave for those three days.  

Which, doesn't mitigate tomorrow, which I think is stifling by comparison.  MOS products are all 90 to 95 even at Logan on a west wind through ideal heating, under 17C at 850 mb...That'll max things there... Not sure on the DP though...today mixed out drier than MOS, so not sure machine guidance is handling theta-e correctly for the time being. 

Looks like the highs are in the books...  Most common high was 88, but there were several 90 outliers, and even a 94 at Willmington.  So it's a backyard 9er and won't officiate.  I don't see 90 possible on Tuesday, so tho today, tomorrow and Monday will likely average the warmest stretch of the summer, it'll fall shy of a heat wave for those three days.  

Which, doesn't mitigate tomorrow, which I think is stifling by comparison.  MOS products are all 90 to 95 even at Logan on a west wind through ideal heating, under 17C at 850 mb...That'll max things there... Not sure on the DP though...today mixed out drier than MOS, so not sure machine guidance is handling theta-e correctly for the time being.

Get real.

Big 4 highs:

BOS: 83

BDL: 87

ORH: 85

PVD: 87

Get real.

Big 4 highs:

BOS: 83

BDL: 87

ORH: 85

PVD: 87

. U missed the earlier post re the backyard 9er day. Am aware those sites were less but nws own EDD interactive page was many 88 and s few 90 highs include 90 here in Ayer so yea .. Based on real numbers.

It was actually too hot for my liking... I was up near 90 for a good part of the day, and it sure as hell felt like it. Dews were high enough to "feel" the humidity, and make it pretty uncomfortable out unless you were hanging by the pool.

not down here RH was sub 40 all day, max was 84 degrees .

It was actually too hot for my liking... I was up near 90 for a good part of the day, and it sure as hell felt like it. Dews were high enough to "feel" the humidity, and make it pretty uncomfortable out unless you were hanging by the pool.

Yup..it was  a hot, fairly sticky day..some of these guys live in some weird fantasy world and can't admit it was hot..relegated to spinning about the RH values lol

Yesterday in the morning and later afternoon and evening was certainly sticky where we were. Folks even were commenting on it.

This gets so tiresome

You give Ginx crap for moving his definition of COC around and then can Dewpoints in the 50s humid? #hypocrite

Yesterday in the morning  and later afternoon and evening was certainly sticky where we were. Folks even were commenting on it. 

This gets so tiresome

Dead in the upper 50s to 60 are not sticky

I agree...this gets tiresome

Every weather graphic calls those dews comfortable. I was outside all yesterday. The sun was very warm. It felt great

They were in the 60's in the morning and late afternoon/ evening

Barely over 60F while the temp was in the 70s.

It wouldn't surprise me if people were calling it sticky though. I get that from my mom almost anytime it's over 85F...even if the dew is 50F. The general puclic struggles with dews.

Archived