• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

Now this was humid. It was just brutal before that trough went through mid/late morning. We did the dew true IA cornfield fashion that night.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

7/19/2005..... LCI scored a legendary dewpoint of 79.  I remember that day well... kept getting tiny quick showers followed by strong sun and after the 3rd one it was insane.

I can remember dewpoint days like everyone else here can remember snowstorm days.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7/19/2005..... LCI scored a legendary dewpoint of 79. I remember that day well... kept getting tiny quick showers followed by strong sun and after the 3rd one it was insane.

I can remember dewpoint days like everyone else here can remember snowstorm days.

You really live in the wrong place for your fetish.

7/19/2005..... LCI scored a legendary dewpoint of 79.  I remember that day well... kept getting tiny quick showers followed by strong sun and after the 3rd one it was insane.

Almost the 10yr anni. Do you two have plans?

What did you have on the Davis? 83F?

Is the Oriental Garden Chinese restaurant still there? Maybe I'll come back from a few Mai Tais and pee on his Davis to get that dew up to 98.6F.

They changed names a while back.

If you go in there, let me know how it is.  We haven't recommended that place to anyone for more than 10 years because it used to suck.

lol

I think it's China Bistro now?

They changed names a while back.

If you go in there, let me know how it is.  We haven't recommended that place to anyone for more than 10 years because it used to suck.

I went there back in 2006 one night, and it had the most bizarre collection of people I have ever seen. Reminded me of the bar scene on Star Wars...lol. It was actually a lot of fun. Haven't been there since.  I normally don't venture down that way though.

It's ironic too...because yesterday when I was talking about this three day 'warmest of the summer' stretch, I made the apparently ..."impertinent" jest that there wouldn't be any smoke to hinder high potential today. 

Wah wah wahhhhh - 

There may be less dimming as the day goes though, because those same sat presentations show this as a plume rather than a endless streamer.  We'll see..   Temperatures so far appear just about = to what they were yesterday at this time when using the EDD interactive page ...

...which, Jerry, that's what I was referring to yesterday, the interacting and quite REAL data provided at this source,

http://preview.weather.gov/edd/?lat=40.329452873812926&lon=-75.73059082031124&zoom=6&ql=FFFFFFTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF&ml=&bm=Google_Terrain&lsr=F&lfc=F&rt=obs&rf=major|moderate|minor|action&ht=F&pid=N0Q&sf=GOES_Infrared&ri=15&obs=TFTTFFFFFFTFFFFT&is=1&ou=mph&od=-50&ships=F&cluster=T&radO=0.75&satO=0.75&hazO=0.55&tropO=0.7&ndfdO=0.7&ndfdR=Continental_US&ndfdF=Maximum_Temperature_(%C2%BAF)&ndfdT=12&ndfdTS=&f100=F&lviz=F&fullscreen=F&fxt=Point_(Text_Only)&ppd=24&pdy=3&satf=60&obsync=F&owv=F&flavor=Advanced&tfo=&tfd=&tfw=null&ht=F&hd=F&ho=null&hf=null&hb=F&ot=Meteorological_Observation&hvt=F&sht=T&uwl=F

I thought I made reference to that.   Anyway...this is what NWS provides the public at their website.  As far as what is "official" and not, I am not sure many of these sites are validated in the same way as those climo sites you mentioned, but I was not after 4 small data samplings in making a "true determination" on the temperature distribution, particularly when there is a resource that provides hundreds of data points ;) At the time (circa 4  -6pm)  there were a large number of interior zones (which I also specified, yesterday) that had points at or just exceeding 90 F.  But as I said, most were 88.

So yeah...using something as discrete as this product, over 4 sites that frankly, don't represent the sensible immersion of most people (because they don't live on a tarmac or an island over the Harbor...etc) is, under the circumstances, getting as real as the technology provides. 

thanks - 

Is the Oriental Garden Chinese restaurant still there? Maybe I'll come back from a few Mai Tais and pee on his Davis to get that dew up to 98.6F.

Wow, that's weird - are you talking about that place in Woburn?   I was at a pool party today and this girl who lives in Woburn and I were talking about that place ...I'm pretty sure it was called the Oriental Garden.  Me and an old buddy of mine used to go there for Karoke Tuesday nights. Ha!

Wow, that's weird - are you talking about that place in Woburn?   I was at a pool party today and this girl who lives in Woburn and I were talking about that place ...I'm pretty sure it was called the Oriental Garden.  Me and an old buddy of mine used to go there for Karoke Tuesday nights. Ha!

Oh no...lol...it's up by Laconia NH.

Thru 7/12:

CAR....+0.5

BGR....-0.7

PWM...+0.7

CON....+0.1

About as close to temp-neutral as one is likely to see. I'm guessing that ten days from now those sites will range from near normal to +1.

i haven't looked at much, but a quick glance at the MEX for CON has near normal temps over the next week with some nice rad nights to end the week.

Mid afternoon..highest mixing point of day..dews in the 70's all across town..  For planning...when can we expect the strong thrust of dry 50's dews into CT today that was discussed earlier? Please give an idea on timing

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/CT/Tolland.html

Archived