• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

That's rich ...just typifies this summer.  Can't say I'm complaining, but in the department of wtf it's got a pretty high rating.  To sustain 570+ DM thickness like this and have trouble making 80 F is a summer just metaphysically being kept cool. Haha

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you referring to when you say s coast?

Well S coast of New England. BDR-HVN-GON-UUU-FMH etc. In that general area and a bit to the north. I tossed a rainy 4th and that worked out...but we'll see what this brings. I could see somewhat nuisance -RA in the BDL-ORH-BOS area for now. Just not quite buying the absolute soaker to the pike that the EC and even NAM has. 

Well S coast of New England. BDR-HVN-GON-UUU-FMH etc. In that general area and a bit to the north. I tossed a rainy 4th and that worked out...but we'll see what this brings. I could see somewhat nuisance -RA in the BDL-ORH-BOS area for now. Just not quite buying the absolute soaker to the pike that the EC and even NAM has. 

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Sometimes people use the term south coast to refer to SE Mass.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Sometimes people use the term south coast to refer to SE Mass.

I can see the confusion. Even in MA it means two different things. There is the S shore which is the coastline south of Boston to Plymouth. And then there is the S Coast which is areas from Fall River to New Bedford and across to the Cape. You can always tell the newbies doing weather around here because they will call the areas from Fall River to New Bedford the south shore. 

I can see the confusion. Even in MA it means two different things. There is the S shore which is the coastline south of Boston to Plymouth. And then there is the S Coast which is areas from Fall River to New Bedford and across to the Cape. You can always tell the newbies doing weather around here because they will call the areas from Fall River to New Bedford the south shore. 

wouldn't that be the east shore?

wouldn't that be the east shore?

It's the east facing shore, but the regions are divided to North Shore and South Shore respectively to Boston. Now as far as the actual geographical regions each area encompasses and what towns...that is subjective. I always thought when referring to those regions, it should be the coastal towns and towns within 10 miles or so, of the shore. 

It's the east facing shore, but the regions are divided to North Shore and South Shore respectively to Boston. Now as far as the actual geographical regions each area encompasses and what towns...that is subjective. I always thought when referring to those regions, it should be the coastal towns and towns within 10 miles or so, of the shore.

So wait does it split thru Boston? Or is it if you're for example in Lynn thats the north shore and the south shore would be for example Weymouth

So wait does it split thru Boston? Or is it if you're for example in Lynn thats the north shore and the south shore would be for example Weymouth

Well Boston is the dividing line. So you are right in that Lynn is north shore, and Weymouth would be south shore. One of those local geographical things...kind of like how Buffalo has the south towns...etc.

Archived