joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High of 75F here today after we got down to the mid 60s this morning...turned into a beautiful July 4th with afternoon sunshine, light breezes, and clearing skies. Going to be a comfortable night without AC as lows are supposed to drop to around 60F. No heat so far this July, although this week does look a bit warmer.

High of 75F here today after we got down to the mid 60s this morning...turned into a beautiful July 4th with afternoon sunshine, light breezes, and clearing skies. Going to be a comfortable night without AC as lows are supposed to drop to around 60F. No heat so far this July, although this week does look a bit warmer.

Not my idea of nice summer weather. Tomorrow will be my ideal - mid 80s/sunny with fairly low dew points. Today was overcast here 95% of the day with highs only in the low-mid 70s, more like September. Nice for saving on A/C but not great for beach/pool weather. Classic strong El Nino summer thus far.

I tried getting some fireworks pics tonight and had the worst luck. Seems my shutter only liked to click in between bursts :axe:

Honestly, your best bet is to set your exposure to bulb and open the shutter (either on-camera or remotely) for as long as it takes the target shells to fully break. You also need to focus manually so your camera isn't frantically searching to get an AF lock when it should be exposing.

Edit: that is, if you have a tripod or something to rest your camera upon. Shooting fireworks handheld is basically a matter of spray and pray.

We'll finally see warmer temperatures heading into Wednesday. But the big coming extended

drop in the AO and NAO will set up a back door cold front and onshore flow pattern days

5-10 on the Euro. Daily sensible weather will be determined by where the front sets up

on any given day.

ecmwf_mslpa_namer_6.png

Where was that AO and NAO drop in January and February. I bet we'll be hard pressed to get that in the winter

Honestly, your best bet is to set your exposure to bulb and open the shutter (either on-camera or remotely) for as long as it takes the target shells to fully break. You also need to focus manually so your camera isn't frantically searching to get an AF lock when it should be exposing.

Edit: that is, if you have a tripod or something to rest your camera upon. Shooting fireworks handheld is basically a matter of spray and pray.

Yeah, a tripod is almost a must. I use bulb mode as well.3og6Tjz.jpg

the gfs keeps giving the most stable part of our region convective qpf blobs

It does it rather often for some reason, during some winter storms it has a funky looking diamond shaped precipitation max just SE of Sandy Hook.

Is there Canadian smoke in the current airmass? Visible looks pretty clear but there's a milky hue to the sky.

I was thinking the same thing. We had the same look in 2002 when there were big fires in Quebec.

What a beautiful day.  Not too humid but there's a nice haze layer keeping the temps in check and just enough of a breeze to keep things comfy.  Did some yardwork, went for a bike ride with the family now gonna go get more beer then fire up the grill and pay per view and get ready for the last ever Grateful Dead show.

It does it rather often for some reason, during some winter storms it has a funky looking diamond shaped precipitation max just SE of Sandy Hook.

I've noticed that ever since the upgrade. It consistently shows convective blobs around the Jersey shore. Some strange error keeps happening. 

Archived