• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

The 12z Euro actually phases in part of the northern stream next Friday and develops a surface low that tracks off the Mid-Atlantic coast and then just Southeast of the benchmark. It even pulls down some cooler temps behind it into southeast Canada with places like Pittsburgh struggling to make it out of the 60's. A sign of things to come as we begin to flip the switch.

Well hopefully it's not a third August in a row. Shame that after July we have to worry about temps cooling down so rapidly. I know the days get shorter and all, but it's still Summer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even during the string of hot summers from 2010-2013, the greatest positive monthly temperature departures occurred in July.

It's interesting that the last August with a strong monthly warm departure was all the way back in 2005.

The 2006-2014 August average departure at Newark is kind of a wash coming in a +0.5.

Newark August temperature departures since 2005

2014...-1.3

2013...-1.1

2012...+1.8

2011...+1.1

2010...+2.2

2009..+1.8

2008...-1.4

2007...-0.2

2006...+1.8

2005...+4.9

Yeah that's interesting. Before 2013 most of the departures were positive.

Im a little sad but too much hyperbole and exaggerating here about cold as ifvits going to make it snow quicker

Complaining about hyperbole and exaggerations while claiming people are discussing 60s is kinda...whats the word im looking for here?;) just drop it, its not important. This thread is to discuss the weather, not people.

I have a 3D Sunrise/Sunset App and it shows the rapid decline of daylight in August. Of course heat is still possible in August, but you need to realize that August is naturally the cool down month. It won't be as hot as July, but we can also see hotter August months too. Recently from 2009, August has been the Road to Cool downs, despite slightly positive temperature departures. This August looks no different.

Same as Central Park here today with 88.8F. Gorgeous summer day actually with the low dew points. Didn't feel that hot. Yesterday was 88.5F, so two consecutive 89F days. Sitting at 8 90F+ days on the season. We'll see if I make any over the next few days. Borderline airmasses tend not to work as my area is cooler with the rural landscape.

+0.8 degrees here.

+0.3 here. 84.5 mean max, 66.3 mean min for a mean of 75.4. Rainfall 1.99"

For reference, 2014 vs. 2015 here:

2014:

June: +0.1

July: -0.5

August: -2.9

2015:

June: -0.1

July: +0.3

August: -2.9

To date, this summer has been slightly warmer, and will likely finish much warmer than last year as I don't anticipate an August significantly colder than normal.

Meh—the average high in most places only drops another 3 or 4 degrees before September 1. Small negative anomalies won't dethrone August as a peak summer month. Loath as I am to say it, there's still a long, long road to autumn.

Yup, average highs are like 85-86 now and dip only to around 80-81 on September 1. The more rapid change in temperatures is around the equinox when we slip through the 70s...

Archived