• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference between human augmented and stand alone ASOS/AWOS sites. I believe we only have PSM and BGR in our local area that will augment clouds.

I've seen MHT throw in the occasional 25kft layer. BOS sometimes augments in 30-35kft. They're the only site I've seen go above 25kft.

Edit...looks like MHT has consistent 12-25kft obs now. Maybe the planned 25kft ceilometers are finally arriving.

BUF with 0.68" in 3-hours and over an inch of rain this afternoon.  Looks like a lot of the upstate NY sites are getting a good 3-hour burst of around a half inch with that leading WAA (?) band.

If you take winter climo with these...the dry slot will come in a little earlier than expected and the bulk of the event happens in like a 6-hour thump.  Like winter forecasts for 12-24" in central NY turn into 8-12" in like 6 hours then dry slot followed by 1-3" of showery stuff... as the models were a little too aggressive with QPF in the isentropic lift.

We always fall for that trap. Though I think we tried to stay on the conservative side of QPF forecasts to start around here. Forecasts seems to have worked out well enough.

Noone that I know of ever said all 4 AN.. BDL still will come in above with the warmth the next 3 days..or at least maybe right at normal

Well BDL will be below after today...then you have 2 more days. MOS is slightly below avg the next 2 for BDL.

Well BDL will be below after today...then you have 2 more days. MOS is slightly below avg the next 2 for BDL.F

For some reason i was thinking today was the 27th..Yeah admittedly only 2 days will be difficult to get back above. 

Either way..if you like warmth and humidity you have to like the look of the pattern the next 2 weeks with trough axis setting up to the west and us on the Sw flow side

For some reason i was thinking today was the 27th..Yeah admittedly only 2 days will be difficult to get back above. 

Either way..if you like warmth and humidity you have to like the look of the pattern the next 2 weeks with trough axis setting up to the west and us on the Sw flow side

Well I'm all set with these crappy Sundays. Today looked miserable up here for awhile so I figure we may as well go extreme and sneak a high in the mid 50s. I'll take a May repeat in July with near normal mins and torchy highs.

It's already below through yesterday and will be WAY below today and at best normal the final 2 days of the month.

Ensemble products relax the coolness before strengthening it again. July looks to complete the first half aob.

Archived