• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late. Climo peak temps aren't for almost another month.

For their 1981-2010 averages Farmington coop tops out a bit over 67 (79/55) in late July, but it's a very flat top.  From July 10 thru August 9 the avg daily mean stays within less than 1F of that mildest day.  The bottom of winter is sharper, with Jan 14-25 staying within 1F of the 13.4 coldest day, 12 days rather than summer's 30 (with 20 of those days within < 0.5F.).

No. I'm actually intrigued at the cold season look of it. I just wish it was 7/1...I want a possible July 50s high.

Farmington has recorded 10 sub-60 maxima in July over their 123-year records, coolest being 54 on 7/6/1992 and most recent in 2009 when both 7th and 8th topped out at 57. In my 17 years here I've had two such days, coolest was 55 on 7/8/2009. Only a "cheap" 9:01 PM high of 61 kept the 7th from being sub-60 at my place as well.

just looks to me like the complexion of now through the middle of next week was over-played (cold) by the models and many people were happy to jump on board. 

I'm seeing MOS products banging out 70 to 75 during the worse of it ...with a few days next week broaching 80 F... More of a humid pattern than a cold one.  

It's approaching the apex of summer ... it's got to be wicked to off-set all the reasons that is so - not sure of the wickedness here. heh

Think a lot of folks that though it was cox ks with dry undies all summer..are going to realize come next week that though it may not be a hot summer... it may be a summer remembered for it's humidity and baby powder/extra rolls of TP instead

Remember in mid June when you said there wouldn't be another below normal day, this post reminds me of that.

We MAY spin

SVR WX...

THIS PATTERN IS EERILY SIMILAR TO OTHER TROPICAL-LIKE PATTERNS
THAT HAVE YIELDED QUICK TORNADO OR LOCALIZED SVR WINDS WE HAVE
SEEN IN THE PAST. THE TRIPLE POINT AND ASSOCIATED WARM FRONT MAY
LIFT FAR ENOUGH N EARLY SUN TO YIELD A ROUND OF LOW STATIC
STABILITY WITH VERY LOW LCLS AND HIGH SHEAR THANKS TO THE LLJ AND
UPPER LVL JET STREAK. MAY NEED TO MONITOR THIS THREAT
CLOSELY...BUT IT WILL DEPEND ON THE FINAL TRIPLE POINT
PASSAGE...AND HOW MUCH OF THE REGION...IF ANY GETS INTO THE WARM
SECTOR. 

Think a lot of folks that though it was cox ks with dry undies all summer..are going to realize come next week that though it may not be a hot summer... it may be a summer remembered for it's humidity and baby powder/extra rolls of TP instead

Nope.  Of course that humidity will come and go, but I doubt we are about to see a multiple week stretch of 60F+ dew points. 

Heh, ... I dunno guys.  I think you may be a bit knee jerk reactionary against that idea.  

KTAN's remarks about lowish LCL's and sheared environment is EFO likeable and should we add a little even feeble cape by sun/sky lights...  I just I'm not hugely optimistic but it is something I saw two days ago (it might be what some people are referring because I posted about it) and seeing unaffiliated sources give mention is happening for a reason.

We'll see...  

Archived