• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile ... the death toll from the heat wave in Pakistan is over 1,000...  

That's two now in that part of the world-ish... 

Something about the world in hammering ...specifically the NE U.S. while everyone else enjoys/suffers the perils of GW.  

Heh, maybe it is global warming that's the cause -

Yup..and it looks like it's like that all of next week FTW. Those cool, wet ideas thankfully aren't going to work

Well I don't think anyone said washout. It just doesn't look torchy with the trough in the means. It doesn't mean we can't get a day or two of heat either. 7/4 is still d10 too.

I have no horse in this race. But come on...proclaiming pretty decent model consensus for a dead rats pattern is not "discussing a model".

That's what they showed and that's what was being discussed. Sounds like one to me. That was when they had three days straight of onshore flow which will keep coast possible in 60s. That time. Overall the next few days after today through Monday will average cooler to much cooler depending on location.

In any case, Monday may not be 80S everywhere, but rest of week looks good. Might get some humidity too. 4th for now like warm.

That's what they showed and that's what was being discussed. Sounds like one to me. That was when they had three days straight of onshore flow which will keep coast possible in 60s. That time. Overall the next few days after today through Monday will average cooler to much cooler depending on location.

In any case, Monday may not be 80S everywhere, but rest if week looks good. Might get some humidity too. 4th for now like warm.

Hey, all I'm saying is that DIT made the call that the models would back off and he was right.

Anyway, you're right that it's not like it's going to be AN for the next five days. But at least it looks to be much improved from those highs in the 50s that the GFS was vomiting out a few days ago.

Well I'm not sure backing off is the right term. If the models could handle lows and convective issues causing struggles, we would have better accuracy. Pull the MCS further north and slow down Sunday and it would be miserable. It's model struggles with the lows I think. Not necessarily cold easing off. I will say next week is more of the troughing being a bit further west and allowing for warmer wx. Still got watch for any lows with triple points screwing us, but I would not call it a cool pattern. At least at the moment.

lol if that is considered a forecast. Wow.

Not really a forecast, but certainly not coming out against it either. Tip (once again) had some great analysis of why he thought the models were overdoing the cold transport.

I wouldn't call this weekend tantastic either, so it all evens out over time.

Hey, all I'm saying is that DIT made the call that the models would back off and he was right.

Anyway, you're right that it's not like it's going to be AN for the next five days. But at least it looks to be much improved from those highs in the 50s that the GFS was vomiting out a few days ago.

When we playfully rib Kevin about model runs with wx he despises it doesn't necessarily mean we buy it. It's just fun to see the response it elicits from him. I figured the Kevin dynamic here was obvious by now...apparently not.

Archived