• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJA below normal and Sep above. Not sure how that means summer is above normal. lol

There is absolutely nothing in that article that indicates a warm summer in the East. Absolutely nothing.

"The forecast indicates below-normal temperatures most areas east of the Rockies, with above-normal temperatures expected across the western US."

Richter added, “If the El Nino pattern does take hold in the East during the month of July, the confidence in it sticking around in August will increase exponentially."

Richter noted: “If the forward view for cooler weather in the central and east during July and August comes to fruition, the warmer-than-normal forecast for the Northeast in September will be tricky as it all depends on if the above-normal temperatures occur in the front half of the month or the back half."

To be fair, that image has no business being associated with that article. Its pretty misleading. I get what its saying, The image is Jul-Sep, so they're expecting the AN Sep to overwhelm the BN Jul/Aug, but it doesn't match the headline and Sep shouldn't be included in a summer forecast. I can see how the general public could be confused.

BDL is now AN for the month after hitting 90 yesterday. Today and tomorrow will be slightly above and then Fr-Sun cooler..Next week looks like low-mid 80's..so i will be close depending on how cool it is on Sunday

Yesterday's high at BDL was 89.

Ginx, Will and Dendrite will be happy. They love cold, wet weather in summer. I'll be looking forward to Monday and the warmth next week

yea since the 45 posts I made about loving warm and dry don't mean anything. Yet another summer of you dewing nothing but downing the low dew loving peeps. The question is once again, Dew you feel like I Dew? We COC

Archived