• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

The Pit hit 80.3* on June 12th, I had 15 days where I failed to hit 70.0* (today will be #16) and of course we had the ludicrously cool days on June 1, 2, and 28.

7.06" of rain.

One helluva way to run a summer.

Yes especially with you're area of GC and my area getting relatively shafted this winter. I still can't get over having only 72 inches. Now wet and cool but no severe. Meh. Only good thing is saving on cooling bills/ watering and not profusely sweating outdoors in HHH weather.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a great month down here. Plenty of nice days and sufficient rain to not water. Couldn't have scripted it better.

Speaking of the month as a whole..."chilly and wet" would be what the stats show.  Amazing how the wet pattern though started in NNE but eventually over-took all of New England.  The damaging drought was put down pretty quickly.

June temperatures departure from normal....

June actual average temperature...

June precipitation departure from normal...widespread 150-300% of normal.

June actual precipitation amounts...with around 11" here and over 15" on the mountain, this map looks pretty accurate locally. 

Starts wet and much below normal.

Well with the weeklies and CFS all AN for us..I have a hard time seeing a cool pattern. What did today's Ens show?

Well did you ever think we see the hottest May on record? I recall a post of yours end of April/early May saying you thought it would be s bit AN, but nothing extreme. But we smashed record warm May.. So you wonder maybe if June doesn't over perform too

No heat in sight, N to BN next 2 weeks, rain chances, pretty standard first half

Going back to the first page of the thread, it looks like the cold progs and ideas certainly panned out this month. 

Funny that it ended just like it started...wet and chilly.  BOS started the month off with like two days of never going above 50F.  And then ended it this weekend with a similar type event.

Archived