• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just be glad that this is timed for this coming weekend vs the holiday weekend in a week. I remember BOS having a high of something like 57 on 7/4/92 with heavy rain postponing the festivities on the esplanade. It was rescheduled for the next night when it was overcast and 60. It lifted out over the next few days similar (albeit probably not as extreme this time) to what's coming.

Just be glad that this is timed for this coming weekend vs the holiday weekend in a week. I remember BOS having a high of something like 57 on 7/4/92 with heavy rain postponing the festivities on the esplanade. It was rescheduled for the next night when it was overcast and 60. It lifted out over the next few days similar (albeit probably not as extreme this time) to what's coming.

summer of 2009

It's a BN pattern, tomorrow and sat are Fugly

82/60 is normal for BDL today. Some people forget that sunny days of 80/58 are BN this time of year. BDL will probably be BN today despite pushing 85. It's why I cheer on warmth in May and cool but dry in July...75/50 in July is awesome.

Models are pretty dry on Saturday for C NE and N NE but not for SNE, especially not for CT. I think you go overcast by Noon and you rain by 5PM.

Lot of dry air to overcome from retreating HP. That and sun angle will eat initial stuff up.. Even down by you. Plus there's blocking and -nao. Think slower is way to go with onset

Agree. Sun angle will hurt snow accums.

High res models show the potential for some rain out ahead of the main batch on Saturday afternoon along the warm front. I can already see his posts where he starts complaining about busts when the rain comes in earlier than expected. 

This is all well before the main batch gets going down in the Delmarva.

nam4km_ref_neus_20.png

Archived