joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Bo! That looks like a full blown snowstorm there. 

I saw snow as well this morning, but not as much as Alek had in his video. 

Went down to 33° this morning. Had to take my lighter winter coat back out today.

It was raining and 39 here earlier, upper 40's and mostly cloudy now. Rotten, almost wish it would snow since it's not particularly warm.

With the western basin of Lake Erie in the mid to upper 40's, 850mb temps to -8 to -9C tonight and 925mb temps of -2 to -3C along with a decently aligned WNW flow and inversions of ball parking around 9-10k feet can't help but think a single band may flare up late tonight into tomorrow morning and drop 1-2" of snow on some areas near Cleveland.

It was raining and 39 here earlier, upper 40's and mostly cloudy now. Rotten, almost wish it would snow since it's not particularly warm.

With the western basin of Lake Erie in the mid to upper 40's, 850mb temps to -8 to -9C tonight and 925mb temps of -2 to -3C along with a decently aligned WNW flow and inversions of ball parking around 9-10k feet can't help but think a single band may flare up late tonight into tomorrow morning and drop 1-2" of snow on some areas near Cleveland.

How common is LES in late April there?

How common is LES in late April there?

It's not terribly uncommon to get a little LES at some point in April if the lake warms up quickly enough, although this is fairly late in the month.

The big dog was April 23-25, 2005, CLE got a little over a foot, however there was also a synoptic component to that storm so it wasn't true lake effect.

The latest LES I can recall was 5/21/02, it didn't accumulate however there were snow showers in the air for a few hours in the morning and doing a drive by look at the NARR maps on E-Wall it looks like there was probably some lake effect component to that.

I'm on my phone I can try to do more digging later. If CLE does manage some snow tomorrow it wouldn't be unprecidented but it's rather late in the season for it.

There go the freeze warnings area wide for tonight.

Lost some warmer pockets of water on Lake Michigan in the last 48 hours.

mswt-48.gif

Now,

mswt-00.gif

Running right along 2013. Will probably dip between 2013 and 2014 in the next few days as it doesn't look very warm.

avgtemps-m-5-yr.gif

Huron running colder than last spring.

avgtemps-s-5-yr.gif

Pockets of snow bursts off and on all day. Temps never got to 40. Not the best of days to be golfing. These guys obviously don't care.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Now that's dedication...

More like basement cellar day for late April...

I stand corrected.

It actually was snowing/sleeting hard enough a minute ago to briefly dust elevated surfaces.

Archived